Top 25 Audiophile Speakers of all time!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No measurements to back up their list? :rolleyes: Yeah that's accurate.. I think I'll pass.
So what? Measurements don't mean everything. If they sound great to your ears, then you need to trust it. The only thing that matters is how great they sound to your ears.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
If you can't can't hear the frequencies that some measurements note on speaker test either due to hearing lost or impaired by age ( darn it) you have to rely on your ears as a last resort. Sure the young under 30-35 crowd might adore cool speaker measurements that reach high and low into those unreal area's in the frequency ranges before they purchase a speaker but to others we have to let our ears and wallet decide. But for us that are over 50 having measurements of any kind to support our ears will allow us to spend our money a little wiser otherwise were buying a pretty piece of veneer so speaker test with measurements are nice to have before someone claims their speaker is the BEST. A friend of mine at Bell Labs once told me, you can relate speakers to a woman, she might look great and have those nice curves :D but when she opens her mouth that could be another story.:eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you can't can't hear the frequencies that some measurements note on speaker test either due to hearing lost or impaired by age ( darn it) you have to rely on your ears as a last resort. Sure the young under 30-35 crowd might adore cool speaker measurements that reach high and low into those unreal area's in the frequency ranges before they purchase a speaker but to others we have to let our ears and wallet decide. But for us that are over 50 having measurements of any kind to support our ears will allow us to spend our money a little wiser otherwise were buying a pretty piece of veneer so speaker test with measurements are nice to have before someone claims their speaker is the BEST. A friend of mine at Bell Labs once told me, you can relate speakers to a woman, she might look great and have those nice curves :D but when she opens her mouth that could be another story.:eek:
Just buy an Omni speaker. It's OK. Their measurements may look like crap, but all is forgiven. :eek::D

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
You know this list is pure advertising when a Def Tech speaker is considered a top 25 Speaker.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You know this list is pure advertising when a Def Tech speaker is considered a top 25 Speaker.
Hey, you mind your language, young man!:eek::D

I don't own any DefTech now, but I used to own the BP7000SC. And I can honestly and wholeheartedly tell you that they sounded better than the B&W 800D, which I auditioned twice, 1 year apart @ 2 different locations. They also sounded 100 times better than the Paradigm Studio 100 towers. Wholeheartedly. Honestly. Cross my heart too.:D

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Nice looking speakers...... but insane prices. Glad I have been happy with my cheepo Cornwalls for over 30 years.;) charts etc do not mean anything to me as far as spending money on speakers, as many have said it's what sounds Good to your ears. A Klipschorn is not in the top 25 LMAO.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Hey, you mind your language, young man!:eek::D

I don't own any DefTech now, but I used to own the BP7000SC. And I can honestly and wholeheartedly tell you that they sounded better than the B&W 800D, which I auditioned twice, 1 year apart @ 2 different locations. They also sounded 100 times better than the Paradigm Studio 100 towers. Wholeheartedly. Honestly. Cross my heart too.:D
I have had def techs too. BP30 and BP10. While I liked them and served me well for years it's just insane to think of any Def Tech speaker to be a top 25 speaker.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
If you can't can't hear the frequencies that some measurements note on speaker test either due to hearing lost or impaired by age ( darn it) you have to rely on your ears as a last resort. Sure the young under 30-35 crowd might adore cool speaker measurements that reach high and low into those unreal area's in the frequency ranges before they purchase a speaker but to others we have to let our ears and wallet decide. But for us that are over 50 having measurements of any kind to support our ears will allow us to spend our money a little wiser
I have to disagree. The measurements I look at are mostly between ~200hz to 8khz anyways.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I agree. Pure Advertising.. it's all about the money. I have never listened to a Def Tech so not sure about that.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have had def techs too. BP30 and BP10. While I liked them and served me well for years it's just insane to think of any Def Tech speaker to be a top 25 speaker.
I'm sure we would all rate things differently.

I would put Salon2, Studio2, KEF Reference, Orion, Salk, Philharmonic, Ascend, DefTech, RBH, PSB, Martin Logan into the list, but not B&W, Wilson Audio, Paradigm into the list.

We would all rate things differently for sure.:D

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
What MFG/Model is This One ??

Here is what I am thinking for Front Towers - Big/Bold and with A Statement!!

Volume of box = ~5 cu. ft.

Woofs = One or Two 8" or 10" Woofs

Mids = Dual 6.5" in a MTM config. at top of encl.

Tweet = Pure Beryllium or RAAL, between the Mids... and Flat to 20+kHz.

either ML-TL or bass reflex...

w/ 4th order LR Xovers at around 650 and 3Khz.

Some box that can handle Power and not Fold up on itself.

Tall box maybe 45-48 in. tall, and about 12" wide...

What MFG/MODEL is this?? HELP ??

and About $3K per Pair.

PLEASE CHIME IN...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis