Took the plunge on new fronts!! Canton Ventos

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So I have been shopping for new Front and Center speakers to replace my beloved MB Quarts. I have been able to do some listening tests but really hard to find anything I had access to listen to that I liked.

So I rolled the dice on The Canton Vento line towers and center from Accessories4less.

They shipped today!! I got the cherry towers and the black center.

Worst case I have to sent them back and pay return shipping....But based on my research I feel pretty good about these.

I will send pics when they arrive!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Forgot to mention. The towers are 890.2. Center is the 856.2.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What's wrong with your MB Quartz?

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Not much...just 18 years old and looking for something new. They are moving from my 3.2 family room system to me HT. Still sound good just looking a little dated and also my buddy's daughter poked in all the dust caps.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The Cantons look nice to me -- looks like a solid deal -- will be waiting for your response. I for sure am a fan of the MB Quart Vera series.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
The Cantons look nice to me -- looks like a solid deal -- will be waiting for your response. I for sure am a fan of the MB Quart Vera series.
I think so too. I believe me QLS quarts are basically the older version of the Vera line. Very nice sound. I have been told that I will find some similarities in the cantons.

I just got a shipping update for Thursday.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Gonna have to work from home to sign for them.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Each tower is 68 lbs. not as bad as big subs but still pretty hefty.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Gonna have to work from home to sign for them.

After my first set of ID speakers were left by FedEx at the door of my apartment with no one home, I resolved never to let that happen again. I work too hard for my money to let some creep steal my stuff. Now I track every shipment and redirect them to the local delivery storefront. Then I just pick them up on the way home. Makes me feel much more comfortable about ID.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Not a challenge I mind at all!

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I am working from home for that reason. Plus I have to sign for delivery.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Here are some pics. Unfortunately the screw in feet did not come with them. So on protective pads for now. Should have them soon.

They have a quality finish that will rival that of anything I have seen.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Just getting them running. Initial impressions are simply. WOW. The tweets are amazing. Higher guitar is as real as I have heard. They have a slight bright sounds but it is very well done and easy on the ears. Manufacture claims 30 hours to break in..not a big believer in the philosophy. Overall I could not be more pleased on first impression.

These are by far the best I believe I have listened to. More to come as well play with them more over the next several days.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General

A few more. As you can see not an ideal room setup. But so far I have done well with my x4000 calibration.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Just getting them running. Initial impressions are simply. WOW. The tweets are amazing. Higher guitar is as real as I have heard. They have a slight bright sounds but it is very well done and easy on the ears. Manufacture claims 30 hours to break in..not a big believer in the philosophy. Overall I could not be more pleased on first impression.
I always try to be fair and give at least 13.2456 minutes to break in -- you seem to be passed that -- enjoy your new adventure.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Thanks. I think they keep improving.....but it seem sly linear with beer consumption...who knows

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Bottom line. I'm very pleased and I would say if you want to spend about $3250 for a front set of 3 speakers. I would be very surprised if you can beat these. I will caution they are big though!! Not much bigger than my MB Quarts so my wife is used to large towers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis