Tone Control Frequencies?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What frequencies are affected by the treble and bass controls?
How much of an effect in decibels does an adjustment of +/- 1 have on said frequencies?

-Alex

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
if you are talking about the HK430

i think it's 100hz for the bass ... +-10db

it should be on your manual ... ill check

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
What frequencies are affected by the treble and bass controls?
How much of an effect in decibels does an adjustment of +/- 1 have on said frequencies?

-Alex
Tone controls are all over the map. The urn over frequencies vary, but are often around 1K. Boost cut and slopes vary. Tone controls are pretty useless.

The only ones of any use that I know of, are on the older Quad gear. Peter Walker as usual got it right. On the 44 ad 34 you ca vary turnover and slope. Also on the 44 like o the 33 and the old tube 22 you have filter turnovers at 10, 7 and 5 K with adjustable slopes, which is very useful for taming LP distortion, on discs so afflicted.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
for the life of me, I can't remember where I saw the 100hz bass control on my harman 335.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
if you are talking about the HK430

i think it's 100hz for the bass ... +-10db

it should be on your manual ... ill check
HK AVR430 it is.

+/- 10 db? That would be total adjustment range?

RTFM? :D Okay. I don't know why that didn't occur to me. :eek: Possibly because I've been reading that thing for years and am now more confused than ever. J/K. After looking through the manual I didn't see any answers but do have another question.

What would the rating be on my headphone output jack?

-Alex

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
HK AVR430 it is.

+/- 10 db? That would be total adjustment range?

RTFM? :D Okay. I don't know why that didn't occur to me. :eek: Possibly because I've been reading that thing for years and am now more confused than ever. J/K. After looking through the manual I didn't see any answers but do have another question.

What would the rating be on my headphone output jack?

-Alex

if i understand your question correctly, yes you can add 10db or deduct 10db from either the bass or treble.

no, i didn't mean RTFM :D, it's just that i remember seeing that spec somewhere and i guessed it would be in the manual, i reviewed the manuals of my 335 and others but i didn't see it in there. but it has to be written somewhere otherwise i don't know where i got 100hz.

i have no idea on the headphone jack :eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The best audio advise I have ever seen was RTFM and I thought it was hilarious. :D Unfortunately it was directed at a female newcomer that really took offense to it and then she ended up getting the poster spanked by Tom Andry and lashed out at HiFi using his poor spelling as an I.Q. indicator. I was beside myself. So any mention of manuals usually brings a tear of joy to my eye.

Oh, the memories. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis