To: Steely Dan they've helped me in so many ways.

mwoltmann

mwoltmann

Enthusiast
I have horrible Anxiety, Panic, Bipolar Affective Disorder, Agoraphobia, OCD and only these two men calm me down more than my meds...
The Ultimate Steely Dan Playlist: tidal.com/playlist/b3b9fe8f-a873-438a-ae03-77a57d3de8ee
Check out my listening room: http://imgur.com/gallery/m3zvc

Core members Walter Becker and Donald Fagen, I thank you so much along with the session musicians for helping me get through some of the toughest times in my life. I.E. my MOM dying at 41y/o my DAD at 52y/o who played you guys nonstop. My bacterial meningitis that caused my brain to swell, a dog mauling, a car accident I broke my C-2 C-3 vertebrae in along with shattering my left arm. The selling of the company my grandfather started in 1953 when family members sold their shares, I stood firm and kept mine for a time but was forced to sell or they would purposely open a new corp. I literally bit through my tongue and severed an artery in 5th grade. I also was bed ridden from Synovitis when the fluid in my hips got infected. Needless to say I have been through a lot at only 34... Through all those times I listened to your blend of Rock and Jazz and your band always made/makes me feel better. So thank you so much. I want to let you know I have written letters and tried to let you know.

These sound wonderful through my B&W 802 Diamond speakers, Classé CDP-100, Classé Delta CP -500, Classé Delta CA-2200 check out my listening room...

Though you were most popular before I was born, you also inspired my hobby. I hate the term audiophile because it sounds snobby but I got into making your music & others sound the best it possibly could. I now have a pretty epic listening room you can see from my previous posts and I still listen to your music for at least an hour a day. Your music has literally helped me come out of my Estate grounds, get onto a jet (albeit a private one) and every drive I take. Your music is just so soothing and my therapist says it almost puts me into a hypnotic like state. I had the effect tested and it's not psychosomatic. When your music is on my blood pressure drops and my brain signals slow down. (MRI, Cat-scans). I really want to thank you again. I hope one day I can meet you two.

Stanton

Stanton

Audioholics Contributing Writer
Glad you have found so much comfort in music...and Steely Dan.
Aja was one of the first CD reviews I did for Audioholics...and probably one of my favorite rock/pop/vocal recordings of all time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis