Three Score and Ten. Now on Overtime!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well today, I have reached my Biblical "three score and ten," as I turn 70 today. So I'm now past me sell by date.

So it time to reflect. I played an LP from 1972 a couple of days age. All the artist that EMI were advertising on the record sleeve are dead except one. The conductor Sir David Wilcox died several years ago.

Here is a photograph my wife posted on her Facebook timeline of me 65 years ago.

See if you can identify the car.

You can just see the back of the Wolseley 18, the vehicle it replaced, though the garage door.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Happy Blessed Birthday! Here is to many more to come!

Cheers,

Phil

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Happy Birthday. I hope you have many more . Keep us on the straight and narrow here at AH

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Not that I know vintage cars nearly well enough, but I'm going to hazard a guess : Buick Roadmaster Convertible Sedan circa (approx) 1937-1938

btw: It look great in blue with whitewall tyres, like one here:
http://www.britishsportscars.com/sold-inventory/12378821/1938-Buick-Roadmaster/San-Luis-Obispo/
Well done you were very close.

It is a 1937 Buick Roadmaster convertible straight 8. It had the larger 320 Cu.in engine. It was three speed manual. This series of engines was over head valve and unusual for the time had hydraulic valve lifters. The valve case said "Dynaflash Ignition" and Oiled valves in head.

Unfortunately the vehicle was written off in the Blackwall Tunnel under the Thames by a truck driver who fell asleep at the wheel.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Happy birthday TLS Guy. I recently became 68, so I'm glad to speak to anyone still older than myself ;). Stay in good health, and stay around here for a very long time!

Yesterday, I had my first 'experience' with Medicare. Nothing went wrong (that I know of) but it was still sobering.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Happy Birthday and thanks for your contributions!

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Well today, I have reached my Biblical "three score and ten," as I turn 70 today. So I'm now past me sell by date.
Does that mean I can buy you in the clearance bin? Now I can afford a cantankerous old coot of my very own. I love bargains!

Anyway, happy belated birthday!

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Well today, I have reached my Biblical "three score and ten," as I turn 70 today. So I'm now past me sell by date. . . .

Here is a photograph my wife posted on her Facebook timeline of me 65 years ago.

See if you can identify the car.
Al Capone's get away car?
Happy Birthday TLS Guy!!
XEagleDriver

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
A belated Happy Birthday then! Make sure to give someone hell before too long. :)

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Happy belated Birthday TLS, I can't think of any reason why you won't earn many more;)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Geez! You're almost as old as my fishing buddy. He keeps telling me I'm still in the later stages of Whippersnapperdom. Congrats! I look forward to calling you an old, (maybe senile), coot for many more years!

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Geez! You're almost as old as my fishing buddy. He keeps telling me I'm still in the later stages of Whippersnapperdom. Congrats! I look forward to calling you an old, (maybe senile), coot for many more years!
I embrace AH more & more because of the young & restless:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Just think you were in your 50s when you started posting here.

highfigh

highfigh

Anyone age 60 or older is entitled to cite his age in years Celsius. 60 becomes 16, and 70 becomes 21 :).
At a certain point, I think it's better to use the larger numbers, so I'm switching to Kelvin when I hit 60 in April.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I embrace AH more & more because of the young & restless:)
Funny. That's gotta be the first time I have been described as young & restless.

It's actually old and lazy.

(Just kidding)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis