Thoughts on this set up?

M

Maddys

Audioholic Intern
Denon 4806
Denon 3910 DVD
RMB-1095 5 Channel Amp - Will use to run Fronts and Centers
SVS PB12-Ultra/2 Sub
NHT VT-2 Speakers with matching center and 4 surround speakers. I have had the front and centers for 10 years and still enjoy, on problem is they are power hungry at 88dB at 6 ohms.

The room is 21x21 and has a vaulted ceiling.

I was also thinking of maybe a Adcom 5 Channel Amp?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Maddys said:
Denon 4806
Denon 3910 DVD
RMB-1095 5 Channel Amp - Will use to run Fronts and Centers
SVS PB12-Ultra/2 Sub
NHT VT-2 Speakers with matching center and 4 surround speakers. I have had the front and centers for 10 years and still enjoy, on problem is they are power hungry at 88dB at 6 ohms.

The room is 21x21 and has a vaulted ceiling.

I was also thinking of maybe a Adcom 5 Channel Amp?
How powerful is that RMB? 6 ohms is not that difficult. How far is the listening distance? That has more to do with what you hear than the total room size.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
Denon 4806
Why not save up a little more money and go with the rotel RSP-1098 processor which would slaughter the denon.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Is the 5-channel amp necessary for your fronts, or would a 3-channel suffice? Thinking Anthem MCA-30 or 3 Outlaw mono-blocks.

M

Maddys

Audioholic Intern
The front speakers have double binding post, or I think thats what it is called, and really perform well under that, so yes, 5 channel is needed.

Michael

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Maddys said:
The front speakers have double binding post, or I think thats what it is called, and really perform well under that, so yes, 5 channel is needed.

Michael

Those posts are there from a marketing driven point, nothing more. People usually try to bi-wire it. Bi-amping will not help either as you are still using passive crossovers. All in the mind, sort of.

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
Those posts are there from a marketing driven point, nothing more. People usually try to bi-wire it. Bi-amping will not help either as you are still using passive crossovers. All in the mind, sort of.
Wise words Mtrycrafts. And as far as the "RSP-1098 SLAUGHTERING the 4806". Privateer the out come of that battle might just be a real eye opener for you. I have not heard them side by side but, I have heard them both,and they will each give you several really good reasons to max out the credit cards and take your choice home. but it's reasons such as those that make this hobby fun and give me an excuse to spend yet another afternoon at the HiFi shop.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis