Thoughts On Emotiva's XPA-3?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Emotiva has these on sale and I'd like to add just a tad more reserve umph for my Song Towers without having to install a dedicated circuit. I don't think it would draw too much more power than my TX-NR906 under full load but would have better 4ohm performance. Thoughts?

A dedicated circuit would cost a fortune with my home's design and would bump the heck out of my grandfathered property taxes.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I'd say it's worth a look. I have been very happy with the Emotiva amps I have. I won't say there aren't better out there, but they are a real bargain for what you get IMO. With the sale and free shipping, you wouldn't be out much if you decided to return it, though I'm willing to bet you will keep it if you buy it. I don't think you'll have to worry about drawing too much current. I have all my HT gear including an XPA-5 on a single 15 amp circuit (by necessity) and have never tripped a breaker.

How do you like those Songtowers? I've heard great things about them, but never had the opportunity to listen to a pair.

C

Captainmorgan89

Audioholic
Go for it, I own the XPA-3 (upgraded from an LPA-1 actually), and its a killer amp for the dough!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
A dedicated circuit would cost a fortune with my home's design and would bump the heck out of my grandfathered property taxes.
Why would putting in a dedicated circuit raise your property taxes?

I'm wondering because our new house is almost finished and I had them put two 20-amp circuits in the great room. Is that gonna raise my taxes???? :confused:

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I'd say it's worth a look. I have been very happy with the Emotiva amps I have. I won't say there aren't better out there, but they are a real bargain for what you get IMO. With the sale and free shipping, you wouldn't be out much if you decided to return it, though I'm willing to bet you will keep it if you buy it. I don't think you'll have to worry about drawing too much current. I have all my HT gear including an XPA-5 on a single 15 amp circuit (by necessity) and have never tripped a breaker.
Good because I got antsy and ordered it not long after posting. :D There goes my bedroom subwoofer upgrade money I'd been rat-holing.

How do you like those Songtowers? I've heard great things about them, but never had the opportunity to listen to a pair.
I'm flat out amazed! If someone had told me a year ago that I'd ever in my life spend $4500 on a 5.0 set of speakers I'd have told them they were nuts. Now that I have them I think they're worth every dime and then some. I can't get the grin off my face. I highly recommend them. :D

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I'm flat out amazed! If someone had told me a year ago that I'd ever in my life spend $4500 on a 5.0 set of speakers I'd have told them they were nuts. Now that I have them I think they're worth every dime and then some. I can't get the grin off my face. I highly recommend them. :D
Cool. I know exactly what you mean about spending large amounts of $ on speakers. I experienced the same thing when I bought my Signature S8's. Worth every penny and then some!

I really do think you'll be happy with your XPA-3. Should leave a big smile plastered across your face. Let me know what you think after you get it into your system.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Why would putting in a dedicated circuit raise your property taxes?

I'm wondering because our new house is almost finished and I had them put two 20-amp circuits in the great room. Is that gonna raise my taxes???? :confused:
In California any home improvements are grounds to reassess the property for tax purposes. Some assessors are cool and only raise your taxes by 1% of the amount of the improvement. Others try to stick it to you for a lot more. Since your home is under construction you aren't effected (much) because you will be assessed 1% of the cost of the home including property (locked in by prop 13, plus any assessment district fees, plus mello roos assessments for new construction, plus your share of a new limo for Arnold. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis