This Seems Wrong...Help with Nuvo System?

F

Fawn Leibowitz

Audiophyte
It seems like there is not much you cannot figure out from googling these days but it seems that A/V is not one of those areas.

I have read enough threads to see whole house audio is not favored on this forum...But we bought a house with one and I would like to use it. I read the instructional manual online for what we have and it got me nowhere. The old owner did not leave a remote.

There are speakers throughout the house. We have a Nuvo Simplese Receiver (I think its a receiver??) with different zones. We have one sub upstairs and one sub downstairs. There are four zones, and an insane amount of wires upstairs and downstairs.

Friend looked and recommended I buy a Nuvo P2100. But in the pictures it actually looks to me so similar to the receiver. Different zones lit up, etc. (I also found P3100 - newer model)? Also on Ebay I found what is called a Preamplifier Nuvo P300 that looks like it makes it work wirelessly.

I guess my question is, what should I buy to make this system work?

Thanks very much in advance for any help at all.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It seems like there is not much you cannot figure out from googling these days but it seems that A/V is not one of those areas.

I have read enough threads to see whole house audio is not favored on this forum...But we bought a house with one and I would like to use it. I read the instructional manual online for what we have and it got me nowhere. The old owner did not leave a remote.

There are speakers throughout the house. We have a Nuvo Simplese Receiver (I think its a receiver??) with different zones. We have one sub upstairs and one sub downstairs. There are four zones, and an insane amount of wires upstairs and downstairs.

Friend looked and recommended I buy a Nuvo P2100. But in the pictures it actually looks to me so similar to the receiver. Different zones lit up, etc. (I also found P3100 - newer model)? Also on Ebay I found what is called a Preamplifier Nuvo P300 that looks like it makes it work wirelessly.

I guess my question is, what should I buy to make this system work?

Thanks very much in advance for any help at all.
There is not nearly enough information to answer your question at all. Whatever you have is NOT a receiver as that firm does not make one.

I doubt we will be able to help you. We need to know all model numbers of everything, including speakers, controls and key pads and how they are wired.

I suspect your best bet is to have a professional installer look at this.

I don't think we have had a post on this system before and many of them are proprietary.

The first thing to do is get hold of the previous owner and ask him who installed it and also if it was working when he left. A lot of these systems have a high propensity for terminal failure.

Don't be surprised if a lot of this system needs ditching and replacing. Be prepared for sticker shock.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
There is not nearly enough information to answer your question at all. Whatever you have is NOT a receiver as that firm does not make one.

I doubt we will be able to help you. We need to know all model numbers of everything, including speakers, controls and key pads and how they are wired.

I suspect your best bet is to have a professional installer look at this.

I don't think we have had a post on this system before and many of them are proprietary.

The first thing to do is get hold of the previous owner and ask him who installed it and also if it was working when he left. A lot of these systems have a high propensity for terminal failure.

Don't be surprised if a lot of this system needs ditching and replacing. Be prepared for sticker shock.
Agreed on pretty much all accounts.

When looking for a home, I would not even consider HT or whole house audio as part of the asking price. In general, I would consider any pre-installed HT or whole house audio as a liability and not an asset. Don't even think about using that as part of the asking price on the house.

F

Fawn Leibowitz

Audiophyte
Thanks very much for the responses. Based on your responses, I located an installation place and am going to have them do a service call. (Friend was who called the Simplese a receiver but installation place was able to verify that is not correct).

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Thanks very much for the responses. Based on your responses, I located an installation place and am going to have them do a service call. (Friend was who called the Simplese a receiver but installation place was able to verify that is not correct).
Make sure you get references and carefully check the installer out before exchanging any contracts or paying any money. There are a lot of flyby nights and unscrupulous individuals in this line of work. I would strongly recommend the outfit be CEDIA certified, if there is a CEDIA certified installer in your area. These systems are complex with a lot of pitfalls for the poorly trained and inexperienced.

Finally make sure it is not better and cheaper to stream to individual systems in the rooms you want audio. This route is now actually simpler and far more flexible. Those systems, with "birds nests" of wires and electric whiskers galore are I think now a blast from the past, or should be.

With newer approaches anyone with a smart phone can go into a room and stream what they want and not have to put up with what is playing on a central system.

Last edited:
F

Fawn Leibowitz

Audiophyte
Thanks very much for the CEDIA tip.

This is the place I chose: http://www.soundwaveslakeland.com/ and it does say that some of their employees are CEDIA certified. They will probably try to send me up the ladder :rolleyes:

I would definitely rather Bluetooth or whatever rather than having different systems to mess with everywhere. Hopefully they will have some ideas.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Thanks very much for the CEDIA tip.

This is the place I chose: http://www.soundwaveslakeland.com/ and it does say that some of their employees are CEDIA certified. They will probably try to send me up the ladder :rolleyes:

I would definitely rather Bluetooth or whatever rather than having different systems to mess with everywhere. Hopefully they will have some ideas.
Please report back after their assessment.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis