Thiel CS2.7 Floorstanding Loudspeaker Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Thiel have a reputation for high quality speakers and the CS2.7 Floorstanding speaker looks to continue that tradition. Building on the CS3.7, we expect the price of the CS2.7 to be closer to the $12k mark set by the CS3.7 speakers rather than the $4k price per pair of the CS2.4. The Thiel CS2.7 Floorstanding speakers start shipping in September so ask your local dealer if they'll be getting a pair in if you'd like to hear them. While likely to be out of the price range of many consumers, those discerning audiophiles with deep pockets will likely view them as a deal.

Discuss "Thiel CS2.7 Floorstanding Loudspeaker Preview" here. Read the article.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
This brand's approach to audio really resonates with me - and I'm happy to hear of THIEL progress with a couple new products this year.

I'm lucky enough to own what may now be the little brother of this new speaker - the 2.4CS.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
As per their facebook page - cones are Aluminum.
Lots of pictures also with various species of wood, I doubt they're renderings.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I find it strange that this speaker does not catch more interest, if there is one speaker to audition within the next year, this is it....

The top model CS 3.7 was the culmination of a whole lifetime of speaker design for late Mr Jim Thiel, he spent a lifetime learning what he did so he could make his ultimate statement, the CS 3.7 became som good that it immediately obsoleted all the more expensive models.

CS 2.7 uses the exact same mid/tweeter as the 3.7, there's years upon years upon years of research behind the drivers, cabinets, crossovers and... well everything in these speakers.

It seems like noone in this forum cares about time/phase coherence and in my opinion Gene and all the others is wrong about this, it may take a long time to actually learn to appreciate the beauty of a time/phase coherent speaker. In my case it was > 1/2 year until I realized the full potential, but for me it's probably no way back

Speakers must be phase/time coherent, this may be the speaker of the year if you ask me :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis