Theft Protection Things

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
This thread is random as hell, but I have to walk through theft protection things every day (library here at college). Their high-pitched squeal is REALLY loud and annoys the hell out of me. Does this really bother anyone else?

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

This thread made me think about the annoying anti-theft stickers on DVDs. The ones on each end of the case. Talk about annoying, you almost need an exacto knife to get those open. Its a shame that there are so many dishonest people out there. Because of them we all suffer.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Two of my least favorite haunts (CC and Office Depot) are located next to each other.

I say least favorite, because I repeatly visit both places and swear I will never go back for atleast 12 hours.

CC de-buzzers my purchase and I walk into OD and OD's buzzer goes off.

Try explaining to the cop that you were shoplifting INTO the store.

Fortunately the girl behind the counter is a good sport and re-de-buzzers my CC purchase.

And to make matters worse, CC doen't pay attention to their own buzzers, so why have them?

Which brings me back to your question.... why have the buzzer at a library? Aint it suppose to be quiet?

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I've never made it go into alert mode. I'm talking about that really high pitched sound they emit just sitting there, while they're "scanning", or whatever they do.

THe reason they're at the library? Well, it's a noisy library for one, and second, they're placed away from the stacks and the only point of exit for the public, so if you want to leave with a book, you have to check it out and get it scanned.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
jaxvon said:
THe reason they're at the library? Well, it's a noisy library for one, and second, they're placed away from the stacks and the only point of exit for the public, so if you want to leave with a book, you have to check it out and get it scanned.
They are there as a deterrent to theft and an ineffective one at that. I remember those contraptions at my school and they were only 5 feet tall. All you have to do if you really want to steal a book is hold it over your head and walk right out.

snakeyes

snakeyes

Audioholic Intern
useless

the funny thing is that legally even if the buzzer goes off they cant search you. they would actually have to see you take something. so its just for people who feel guilty and pull out the stolen merchandise when stopped.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis