Theater Room Set Up

D

drdawg

Junior Audioholic
Okay so i am setting up my room as in the pic below. I just wanted to post my wires i am running to make sure i don't miss anything.

I will have speaker wire in the wall for center, left and right front, left and right middle/back (back for 5.1)...left and right rear for 7.1...right now just going to have five speakers but may drop two more in the very back depending later ..but may as well have the guy run the wire for it.

running HDMI cable from component area to the TV; will run second one as back up
will run optical wire from TV back to the receiver for smart TV so i can use the receiver to run the sound on that stuff

will run CAT 6 wire from my cable modem down to the component area ... will use that to go into a router that can run out to TV and ps4 and other boxes i end up using..this give me option of having hard wired strong signal.

Am i missing something. I don't want to have to run wire later...

Attachments

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Yeah, you need to run subwoofer cables to at least the front two corners. And while you're at it, might wanna run cables to the back two corners as well.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
I grouped my sub cable connections with my front speakers for a clean look:

D

drdawg

Junior Audioholic
i can't put a sub in the front one side...are you talking about sub cables to the back corners? or speaker cable to the back corners?

D

drdawg

Junior Audioholic
Also, if i need 40 feet for one back room and 55 feet for the other corner...do it with sub cable? or do i need to use other cable to transfer so i don't lose quality?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis