S

speedfreak

Enthusiast
I've been into audio since I was 16. I always wanted it loud but number one was being good sound. I've never paid full price for anything, it's either used or clearance. Right now my 7.1 setup is extremely great, but I've only spent $700-800. I just upgraded my receiver to a ONKYO TX-NR737. Speakers have all been bought used. Speakers have been such a good deals my front towers are paradigm MONITOR 9 v2 center is Paradigm cc270v3 rear speakers are Paradigm and Energy. I also have a Velodyne DLS-4000R as my sub. Sound quality wise my system works extremely well. To replace my system would cost about 3-4 thousand. With a little shopping around home theater doesn't have to be super expensive. We all like to have the new technology but no point spending top dollar for some thing there is no or very little media for. I want to upgrade my TV soon but very little 4K content has held me off. Ill wait a year after content is released so not paying a premium for something that might need to be fine tuned or might be replaced with next big thing. I know most of you guys want latest technology but need to find happy medium between buying something that will not catch on.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
OLED is worth waiting for! (yes its available now, but low prices and flat screens are a little ways out yet)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know how well you keep up with information on the forums, but Onkyo probably offers the highest value of features/dollar, but has a reputation for overheating.
Don't be discouraged (if you didn't already know this), I believe as long as you take some measures to keep it cool (leave room for ventilation, don't stack atop something hot, etc) they make great receivers.

S

speedfreak

Enthusiast
I've since read that I already have lots of room around it. It very seldom goes higher then 60% volume.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis