Theater Logic 2400 Home Cinema

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
I have been approached 3 times in my life to buy speakers out of a van/suv. The last time happened about 5 years ago in Brown Deer, WI.

I never fell for it (too good to be true things cause a red alert level 5 death warning to go off in my head, plus i am severely pessimistic by nature).

I am saddened for those of you who got burned.

I think we should get together and play some poker. :rolleyes:

Also, I have a $5000.00 dollar piece of string I need to unload for only $250.00. The string is high performance string. Any takers? ;)

T

theaterduder

Audiophyte
theater logic speakers.

this thread is kind of confusing.... are you guys telling me that anyone that owns a set of these speakers got them from a guy in a van that sold them for 200 bucks?? I mean I found these speakers outside my apartment ( I live in a brand new building in a fancy area in downtown boston so I'm never surprised at what I find out there... the next day i found a printer). Well anyways i found these speakers about a month ago and Im no audio enthusiast like you guys seem to be but they sound awesome to me. what is the story... does this company exist or are two guys on a cross country adventure building these speakers in there hotel rooms and selling them to people along the way??

Im so lost!

ircreative

Audiophyte
It is a scam..

I was on my way to school and 2 guys told me to roll my windows down, so i did.. they said "want free speakers?" i said sure.. so we pulled over and he opened up the trunk and there was a whole bunch of speaker stuff.. packaged and everything.. they said they were coming home from work, and that they had to sell them or their boss would be mad.. they told me their company (its right down the road) so they said how much money you got? and i said not much... it took them awhile for them to convice me but i got them for 200... whole time i knew was a scam... so right when i got home i looked at forums and of course... same problem with these other guys....

soooo??? what to do? im not sure if they work cause i havent tried...

oh.... and i got the dudes lisense plate number... hehehe.. im in california... is there anything i can do to take these guys down? having their lisense doesnt help too much i guess? any thoughts?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
ircreative said:
I was on my way to school and 2 guys told me to roll my windows down, so i did.. they said "want free speakers?" i said sure.. so we pulled over and he opened up the trunk and there was a whole bunch of speaker stuff.. packaged and everything.. they said they were coming home from work, and that they had to sell them or their boss would be mad.. they told me their company (its right down the road) so they said how much money you got? and i said not much... it took them awhile for them to convice me but i got them for 200... whole time i knew was a scam... so right when i got home i looked at forums and of course... same problem with these other guys....

soooo??? what to do? im not sure if they work cause i havent tried...

oh.... and i got the dudes lisense plate number... hehehe.. im in california... is there anything i can do to take these guys down? having their lisense doesnt help too much i guess? any thoughts?
Not much. You didn't buy it from a store, so the law doesn't really help. However, you can track them down and lay the smack down on them. :)

SheepStar

J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
The funny part about this is that I'm not sure that technically any laws have been broken. Is it unethical? Sure. Illegal? Probably not. Let the buyer beware.

An old sales manager of mine did some research and htere is actually a legit company doing this. The guys in the white vans is thier whole marketing approach. It's not just a bunch of jokers driving around scamming people. The company builds the speakers (usually B-stock drivers from OEMs) and recruits guys around the country to go out and sell. Unlimited earning potential depending on how good of a sales person you are. Sell them for however much you can get. If you ask me, it's actually a damn clever business idea. Wouldn't be for me...I'm in A/V sales but I haven't sold my soul quite yet.

yjb

Audiophyte
Some guys in a van in Oakland/Emeryville CA approached me today doing the same spiel... trying to sell me these Theater Logic Surround speakers saying they picked up one extra pair and wanted to split the money.

They initially said FREE, but then after looking they said to make an offer. I was like, mmm.. you just said free now you want cash? Forget it.

1. They talked too well for a pair of losers driving around speakers.
2. The speakers SUCKED - what $2000 system has not got any Optical or SPDif input
3. They had an excuse for everything.

It was clearly a scam and they started to get more desperate the more I asked questions. Also little do they know but I am also a professional audio person so they didn't get any sale from me.

If it's too good to be true then it is.

I don't know if it's illegal, they have a product to sell and their marketing campaign is preying on the gullible, but you give money and you get something in return.

firstly buying anything from the back of a car is NOT recommended because you can't hear the system, test the system, or compare the system to anything.

Last edited:
K

ketdizzle

Audiophyte
burned in Emeryville, Berkeley

yjb said:
Some guys in a van in Oakland/Emeryville CA approached me today doing the same spiel... trying to sell me these Theater Logic Surround speakers saying they picked up one extra pair and wanted to split the money.

They initially said FREE, but then after looking they said to make an offer. I was like, mmm.. you just said free now you want cash? Forget it.

1. They talked too well for a pair of losers driving around speakers.
2. The speakers SUCKED - what $2000 system has not got any Optical or SPDif input
3. They had an excuse for everything.

It was clearly a scam and they started to get more desperate the more I asked questions. Also little do they know but I am also a professional audio person so they didn't get any sale from me.

If it's too good to be true then it is.

I don't know if it's illegal, they have a product to sell and their marketing campaign is preying on the gullible, but you give money and you get something in return.

firstly buying anything from the back of a car is NOT recommended because you can't hear the system, test the system, or compare the system to anything.
I too was approached by these guys in Emeryville/Berkeley area and first I walked away from them. They were in a sliver/light blue Ford Freestar. But then on my way back to work I stopped by the bank to deposit a check and saw their van again and ended up biting for $200. I never do these type of things (literally NEVER...) but thought they would make a nice gift. I knew it was some sort of scam, but the greedy side of me got me. I've read many things about people getting burned, but not much about how these truly sound. I hope to get some feed back, but will try and sell them to cut my losses.

Elroy

Audiophyte
hot damn! no longer feeling good about my bargining skills

so get this, im in sacramento, at the best buy in citrus heights... and a GREEN SUV comes flying from behind best buy... the bigger guy [driver] seems like hes wired on something [either ALOT of coffee, or hes sniffing something he shouldent] and hes like... i got some speakers man! give ya a good deal! [black kid in passenger seat, doesn't say much.]
At first it seems fishy, and i turn him down poltely and start walking into the best buy. then he comes running from his SUV, and asks me what i'd pay for em. [he shows me the catalog with high prices [2 grand for the set], with a order form and a story about his boss. In the end he settled for $130... was feeling FANTASTIC about my bargining skills until i did some reaserch... now i'm only consoled by the fact that i paid slightly less than the rest of my fellow gullible patrons of the "white van/green suv".:eek:

Last edited:
F

f0am

Audioholic
Is it just me or is there a lot of people signing up to post one post about a GREEN SUV pulling up selling speakers for 150-350 dollars.
All of these people have the same story, GREEN SUV, they all have ONE POST. I am starting to wonder if some thing weird is going on here.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There is similar thread that I posted on regarding this deal. I sold these things long ago and far away for a short time. These guys are legit. The "pitch" makes it sound like the deal of a lifetime. The "pitch" also makes it sound like the rightful owner of these speakers is not going to be compensated for them. So chances are that if you own a pair you were doing something illegal to somebody else anyway, at least in your own mind. Talk about instant karma. So don't be complaining too loudly. Like,"Hey I was trying to screw this guy out of $2000 worth of speakers and now it turns out that it's me who has been screwed." You probably haven't been screwed. You just didn't screw somebody else. You probably got what you paid for. All except for the Boston resident who actually did find them on the side of the road. Oh yeah, be careful around these guys cause they are generally afraid of their former costumers. Fear makes people really dangerous. The speakers do work. So they aren't $3000 monitors. You didn't pay $3000 either.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
f0am said:
Is it just me or is there a lot of people signing up to post one post about a GREEN SUV pulling up selling speakers for 150-350 dollars.
All of these people have the same story, GREEN SUV, they all have ONE POST. I am starting to wonder if some thing weird is going on here.
I see the same thing....Hmm...:rolleyes:

eatcrow

Audiophyte
Step outta the van

I found a site for theater logic during a google search. Guess what! No T2400 could be found. I'm always leary about buying anything from the back of a truck. If they work at all I think they're the $100 I payed. I think they are bootlegged.

hotangler

Audiophyte
Aughh, I just got scammed, I hope the speekers sound okay. I

i have read all of yalls comments and think i have been scammed im sorry if i offended anyone out there. thanks for all of your help
I got the two dudes lic plate number!!!

hotangler

Audiophyte
Theater Logic Speakers....

They are also being sold on Craigs list. I bought the Kirsch K3 and the pair of speakers for $450!!! Oh well, I saw the invoice also and the dude said he was loaded up with an extra pair, so I bit the bait!! CA plate 2FYD245. I hope the system works at least. I found a web site for the Theater system. Retailed $2495.

trivee

trivee

Enthusiast
Anyone ever dismantle any of the TR speakers?

Hey guys, and who ever bought these speakers.....I'm Sorry. I have a friend (this is true) who had a guy approach him, White van (metro Detroit), about some speakers....Well He tried to call me ( i am a custom audio salesman in Metro Detroit), however I couldnt answer the calls as I was in a presentation with an important client (well all are important, but this was a 100,000 job). So when i got the chance to call my friend back, he asked me about Theater research speakers......I quickly said dont buy then they are junk! He said oh really? I just bought 1000$ worth... they ave retail prices of 10,000 all added up....I felt worse than he did.... needless to say he got some money out of some of the systems he bought, by reselling them to people off the street, that walk into his cell phone shop. But two systems sat for a long while, nearly a year. He then decided he wanted to sell them, so As he wanted me to do the ebaying i took them home, they were opened by him when he bought them, i wanted to hear them....so i re opened them up. LOL! one speaker said bas reflex... but was sealed box design. Same speaker had a side firing woofer, with a tweeter and three mid ranges...I think, however only one of the speakers was real, the others were fake, not even passive radiators....I wish i had them still!!!! these were so bad sounding that, i had to plug my ears! I ended up giving up trying to sell them on ebay, as the other auctions with these same models were getting no bids.......I gave him so i'm sorry for not answering the phone money, and then gave the speakers to my dad to experiment on. Well after he took them completely apart , (there was a 5.1 system and a pair of bigger towers with side firing woofers), There was 36 'speakers' in all, and inreality there was 15 actual speakers connected to the binding posts.....No crossovers.... a few capacitors, but NO crossovers.......
so all in all...... these stunk.....

Matt

p.s. they have been showing up under other names now: Elite audio, some wierd german name that i saw recently (wolfengangen or something with tildes)

D

dartmeister

Audiophyte
theater logic speakers

Glad I found this site I was watching some speakers and home theater systems on Ebay I did find a web site not much info theaterlogichomecinema.com

D

Dr3am4EVO9

Audiophyte
Im new but heres the scam i recieved

The website where they sell these products are here..i was recenlty told to trade my paintball gun for one of these, my gun is well worth $650.00 and he wanted to trade due to my listing on craigslist. he sent me this site, and i saw the same posts as the thread starter showed and decided not to go through with it. latino4olyfe@yahoo.com thats the guy that tried to sell them to me's email. heres a pic of the one he wanted to trade me,

-Dr3am4EVO9-

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The website where they sell these products are here..i was recenlty told to trade my paintball gun for one of these, my gun is well worth $650.00 and he wanted to trade due to my listing on craigslist. he sent me this site, and i saw the same posts as the thread starter showed and decided not to go through with it. latino4olyfe@yahoo.com thats the guy that tried to sell them to me's email. heres a pic of the one he wanted to trade me,

-Dr3am4EVO9-
So you didn't trade I hope.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis