Theater Logic 2400 Home Cinema

G

golfer

Audiophyte
i have read all of yalls comments and think i have been scammed im sorry if i offended anyone out there. thanks for all of your help

Last edited:
Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
be warned, did a google search and couldn't find a website for the company. Found this in a post, same company different product, sound familiar?

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-theater/thread.cgi?3244

hi, i bought one from a guy for $250, he showed me a magazine with it in there and it listed it for $2500. this guy was trying to make some money off of it because he had an extra one from a job he had just done. it seemed lagidament because he showed me the company he work for and the packing slip that showed that the items were paid for so i though it was a good deal. how much did you pay for it? where did you buy it? now i can't find a website for the company. i think thats kind of weird. Thanks

can we get this guy blocked?

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
golfer said:
If anyone is interested i am selling a Theater Logic T2400 high performance speaker system at an extremely low price if anyone is intrested my email address is xxxx, or you can call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx or contact me through this website.
It may be helpful if you could post a website for these speakers to give them some legitimacy. Also some pictures would be nice. You are going to get a lot of "white van" speaker comments about them because that is suspiciously what they look like. It also doesn't help that you just registered and this is one of two posts you have here. You will probably have better luck on E-bay. #cough# #cough# White Van #cough# Sorry couldn't help myself.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
I saw his other post also. I was mostly trying to be nice. I think the thread should probably be deleted but as long as everyone knows tey probably shouldn't pay more than.. oh say.. $25 shipped for these we should be alright. The sellers email address he gives maps to the www.schreiner.edu it seems like a legitimate school in texas and he gave a phoen number which I think is suprising if was really trying to rip some one off. I just wondered if he sincerely thought these were "high performance" speakers. If so I kind of feel bad for the guy.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
if that's the case I do feel bad for him, but also not if he was one of the poor saps that fell for the "these are like 2500 dollar speakers and I need to get rid of em quick, how much cash ya got on ya" he kind of deserved it. Just the fact that he put High Performance in the naming that makes me think its all a marketing ploy.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, they look an auful lot like the "white van" Theatre/Digital Research speakers that have been discussed here already. That supposed subwoofer at the side is a dead givaway.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
Not that I want to give any body trying to rip people off any help but if it were me trying unload some of this I would take the time to throw together basic webpage adnd makeup some spec's. I doubt it would be good enough to pass around here but you'd have a much better chance. I mean the webpage doesn't even have to be much. Have you seen BIC's webpage. You know it must be a good speaker by it getting around by word of mouth because a webpage like that doesn't give you much to work with. I don't know I guess I do tend to go overboard with somethings.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
NomoSony said:
Yeah, they look an auful lot like the "white van" Theatre/Digital Research speakers that have been discussed here already. That supposed subwoofer at the side is a dead givaway.
Yeah I laughed at that "suppose subwoofer" also. These kind of deal alway give me a smile atleast. :rolleyes:

G

golfer

Audiophyte
hey i just bought these speakers last week from a guy i don't know if i was involved in a scam or not but i'm not trying to scam anyone.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
golfer said:
hey i just bought these speakers last week from a guy i don't know if i was involved in a scam or not but i'm not trying to scam anyone.
Well then we'll have to let you know. You are going to have a hard time unloading those here. Sorry. And sorry you bought those speakers also.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
golfer said:
your best bet is probably on ebay, ppl are way to knowledgeable around here to buy something like that, really they might be worth like $30 bucks

A

army guy

Audiophyte
I think I just got ripped!

I happen to be a soldier that is deployed in support of a unit at Ft. Hood in Killen Texas. My coworker and I were going to the local Best Buy to purchas some speakers when two dudes that were acting pretty sketchy pulled up and asked us if we wanted some speakers? He flashed us some catalogue with a list price of $1,200.00 per tower and said he was contracted to do an instalation job but the dealer had shipped too many and he was trying to make some cash instead of surrenduring them to his supervisor. He gave us the wonderful price of $200.00 per speaker which my coworker jumped at and after the boxes had been loaded in our army van an money had been exchanged he took off. Within seconds a patrol car pulled up and searched our goods and made us file a report. We left feeling a little robbed, i gues we are just a little naive or just stupid, but these speakers are junk... Anyways, if you are approached from two shady dudes in a green expedition,with a Texas license # 7ZX R45 with a trunk full of electronics, be aware...

M

mrgnwswll

Audiophyte
Shucks....

Well, Im usually not some one to jump on anything that seems 'too good to be true'. Im gullable when it comes to little things, but other wise, I'm a suspicious person... I got the T2450, and I think that the five and O arent going to make these worth bunk. paid $250 for them, 92db sensitivity, 25~30 hz (Mhz?) freq response, and 400 watts. Im not sure if it was a ford expedition, but it was definitly a green SUV of a make a few years ago, and I'm all the way in oregon; Coincidence maybe.

I feel Royaly stupid, I got suspicious (FAR too late) when I saw they could only be EQed with a bass knob and a treble knob. I have no idea what came over me, this is something I would normally NEVER have fallen for. I guess my only hope is to try and get rid of them on E bay maybe.

God I feel like a boob.:(

It happens. $250 lessons are far better than $2500 lessons.

To be honest, those speakers could probably be fine for ~$150. There are a lot of really lame speakers out there at that price...

tehror

tehror

Audiophyte
I also got screwed just today, I gave the guy 180 bucks, and he was in a green expedition with a bunch of electronic, he said he just installed them at some big doctors house and was flown down to Texas to install a bunch of them. Pretty shady kids, pierced ears and crooked teethe. I live in Reno and he showed me them in a Walmart parking lot.

Anything we can do?

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
I cant imagine that there is anything you can do if you agreed to pay that much for the speakers.

T

theklintster

Audiophyte
Ripped off!

crusty105 said:
I just got scammed by the same deal. there is nothing we can do about this, is there?
When I read your story, I got a sick feeling in my gut. my Dad and I just finished lunch @ subway on colorado blv in Denver CO, walked out to our van, when 2 guys, one short with tooth decay or snuff on his front toof, light brown hair, said his name was Nate. Didn't catch the others guys name,but he looks hispanic, bout 6 ft. over 200 lbs driving a dark green suv, florida plates, the same sales pitch, very persistant, I turned the big guy down for $600.00 So this guy Nate jumps out and say's hey this guy is cool and says how bout two fifty I said all I have is two, he said ok I'll take two take it. Nate gave me his phone # and its good, cause I called him to ask if I needed an invioce to call the company in regards to the speaker connectors being crapy but told nate that I realy liked the speakers "NOT", so now that I have this guys number, I trying to think of a way to get em back, besides putting the boots to them, mabye place a call for another order (good deals) if they bite,and Take from them, whatever they pull up with, theklintster@yahoo.com

J

james1775

Audiophyte
me too

ya, i fell for it, didn't pay too much for them about 200 and after i looked i see they are worth nothing. but was wondering if i hooked them up if they would at least sound ok, or are they destined for the trash man to take them away

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis