Theater Innovations TI-4000, White Van Speakers

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Photos couple posts down-

I saw these at a pawn shop for $30 and I though it would be humorous to purchase the system. It comes with five satelites (I am missing one though) and a passive woofer system. The passive woofer system uses two 6.5" woofers and the sats use 4" mid-bass and 1" tweeters. There are no x-overs of any kind and the construction is some of the worst I have ever seen in my life. I find it to be a good value for $30, I wouldn't pay $50 though.

I will post pics when I am in a better mood, I just lost my car to a water filled ditch because of some black ice, if you could imagine I am not in the best of moods now that I have no car and I only had minimal coverage, so complete loss.

Last edited:
masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Seth=L said:
I will post pics when I am in a better mood, I just lost my car to a water filled ditch because of some black ice, if you could imagine I am not in the best of moods now that I have no car and I only had minimal coverage, so complete loss.
On the bright side, you got the TI-4000;) . None of the folks here own that gem of accoustic innovation. Can we come over and audition it?:p

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I live in Fort Wayne, they sound so awesome!:eek::rolleyes: The "subwoofer" is decent when you have the right stuff to power it, which I do. I figure I paid $30 for the system + $25 for the Fisher integrated (stable with 4 ohms, massive power supply, lots of juice:D). It is working as temp untill I fix the M&K. I was using the Fisher to power one of the woofers in the M&K and it sounded very bleh, nothing will beat the internal electronics of the M&K.

So the scoop-

The things you hear about them putting bricks inside the cabinets is absolutely true. The "subwoofer" has two soft orange bricks in the bottom cleverly hidden by some wood and insulation (the insulation is intended to hide the wood from view if you happen to look in the bass port on the bottom rear. The bricks are securely fasten and don't vibrate. The port noise is slightly annoying, but better than Athena's first subwoofer offerings.:D I removed the spider web protector and the port noise reduced significantly.

The "bass"-

The specs are fairly accurate to what it does, it says 40Hz is the lowest extension, and it is right around that. I could still hear some usefull output at 35Hz. The woofer baskets are wimpy, could easily bend them with my hand if I had the mind to do so. The particle board is 1/4" I believe and makes a very nice "bong" echo sound when you do the knuckle wrap test.

This system was designed to be connected to the front stereo outputs of a receiver and power sent back out to the front left/right. This arrangement sucks, the bass is over dominant and there is no x-over so it sounds terrible. But, I am using the Fisher, as mentioned before, to power the "subwoofer" and it sounds good for a $30 "subwoofer, especially when using the x-over on the Yamaha, it really smooths things out to respectable usage. The bass quality is equivelant to mid-fi HTIAB, and probably would do better in overall output all things considered.

Will be posting pics within the hour.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You know Seth, you can make a living with this "worthless" stuff, seriously, you start your own a/v mag on how to find, purchase, test and destroy these gems of third world engineering. Or, you could set up an A/V Oddities Museum and you can curate your vast collection of oddities.:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
stratman said:
You know Seth, you can make a living with this "worthless" stuff, seriously, you start your own a/v mag on how to find, purchase, test and destroy these gems of third world engineering. Or, you could set up an A/V Oddities Museum and you can curate your vast collection of oddities.:D
My entity may do this yet.

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
those are fancy looking... imagine how thay would have sounded if 'Theater Innovations' had put the money into performence rather than looks. :rolleyes:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
no. 5 said:
those are fancy looking... imagine how thay would have sounded if 'Theater Innovations' had put the money into performence rather than looks. :rolleyes:
Their entity would make very ugly speakers, that is what would happen.:D

no. 5

no. 5

Seth=L said:
Their entity would make very ugly speakers, that is what would happen.:D
mm, yes.

whats with the "entity" thing?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
no. 5 said:
mm, yes.

whats with the "entity" thing?
I am having one of those days. It stems from Michael Chrichton's "Sphere". Good book, it isn't a long one. If you have no patience for books you could get the movie, the movie IMO is just as good. It is different from the book in many ways of coarse.

no. 5

no. 5

oooh, I vaguely rember that from the moive, I only watched it once... years ago (prity good moive though).

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
no. 5 said:
oooh, I vaguely rember that from the moive, I only watched it once... years ago (prity good moive though).
We should probable stop thread crapping.:D

Well, sleepy time for my entity.:)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
no. 5 said:
what, we could take this to page three! :eek:

oops. :eek:
I just remembered this is my thread and it is in the steam vent, heck thread crap all you want.:) My entity was thinking that this thread was in the posession of an elusive entity.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis