The official Dark Knight (spoiler!) thread

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Let's talk about the movie now. I hate having to tip toe around some of my favorites. If you're reading this and you don't want it to be spoiled, CLOSE THIS THREAD! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Here we go...

The scene where Dent gets the gun pulled on him in court. Punches the guy in the face and disassembles the gun. WTF!? Badass!

The Joker's 'disappearing pencil' trick totally surprised me.

How he changed up the story of his scars each time.

Oh, what about when Gordon wasn't dead? I truly didn't see that coming. Especially didn't think it was him driving the SWAT truck. I was certain that was one of Joker's guys since he never spoke or did anything but just drive.

The throwback to the first batman where the Joker was falling off the building. Though he was allowed to live.

When the guy (played spawn; Michael Jai White) said "you think you can just walk in here and take my money" and he responded with "well, yeah" was hilarious.

Lots of little funny quips in the movie: 'dogs... big dogs', 'you complete me'. ;)

Sonar cell-phone technology (wouldn't be surprised if it's out there really)

That's it for now. Discuss!

I think I'm going to see this with my Mom tomorrow since I've already seen it with my wife and Father. :D

M

Martiad3

Audioholic
Honestly, the only thing that really disappointed me with the entire movie was that it wasn't explicitly set up for a third movie. Killing off Dent at the end before he could become a real bad guy kinda sucks. Still, can't wait to see what they do for the next one.

Disappearing pencil made me break out laughing though!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
"what do you want"

joker holding police officer hostage with a broken piece of glass.

"I just want my phone call"

Priceless.:D

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I sure liked the disappearing pencil magic trick too.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I pimped the movie online this morning,this version of the joker was the best villian so far,the movie was a tad bit too long for me & the wife though,there are a boat load of unexpected twists & turns to keep veiwers interested.

Nurse joker was my favorite where he was "clopping" along, trying to walk in the high heel nurse shoes all bow legged lookin.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Joker was not only the best written character, but Ledger took it too another level. He was outstanding to the point of being scary, to the point where I could be convinced that this movie role drove him insane and caused him to kill himself. I doubt he'll win an Academy Award, but this was the definition of acting.

That said, I think they should have ended the movie without the extra Two Face plot scene and not just because of potential sequels. I thought the scene where the Joker was hanging upside down and lecturing Batman was incredibly powerful and would have been a perfect stopping point. It would have left the Two Face "problem" unsolved and avoided the typical movie ideal of wrapping all plot lines up neatly.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Someone might wan to put a spoiler warning in the title of this thread..

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
there's already a spoiler warning when it was started

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Someone might wan to put a spoiler warning in the title of this thread..

SheepStar
I'm pretty sure it's covered in both the title and the beginning of the thread.

I don't know how anyone can miss "...(spoiler!) thread"

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
If there are any of you have seen this film in BOTH the i-max as well as the regular theaters, I would love to hear your comparative impressions...

I have a friend who saw it Sat, and is seeing Imax version tonight. I'll surely be asking him too...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
If there are any of you have seen this film in BOTH the i-max as well as the regular theaters, I would love to hear your comparative impressions...

I have a friend who saw it Sat, and is seeing Imax version tonight. I'll surely be asking him too...
I'll probably see it in IMAX.

SheepStar

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Overall, I thought it was a great movie, but here are my complaints:

1) Batman did not kill the Joker. Weak, very weak. I mean you can't expect a normal person to do this, but run the damn mass murder over already! Let's see, run him over, or let him have the chance to break jail and kill thousands of people? Weak.

2) Harvey Dent turning into Two Face that quickly and then killing him off just as quickly was weak. That needs to be a different movie by itself. We need to see his psychological issues - you know like double personality or something? You just don't become a mass murder because the bad guys killed your girlfriend and tried to kill you. Okay, the last part is important, but there needs to be an underlying psychological problem.

3) I hate it when they kill off the lead girl in this movie and any movie! And Batman should have killed the Joker just for that! I thought this was going to be a really "dark" movie? But to me it was not dark enough.

But overall, I liked The Dark Knight a lot. But it could have been better.

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Overall, I thought it was a great movie, but here are my complaints:

1) Batman did not kill the Joker. Weak, very weak. I mean you can't expect a normal person to do this, but run the damn mass murder over already! Let's see, run him over, or let him have the chance to break jail and kill thousands of people? Weak.
That was exactly the point that scene was trying to make: that he wouldn't and the Joker KNEW it. Like a 2yr old testing the bounds of what they can get away with. The whole issue being: at what point is Batman just another vigilante killer?

2) Harvey Dent turning into Two Face that quickly and then killing him off just as quickly was weak. That needs to be a different movie by itself. We need to see his psychological issues - you know like double personality or something? You just don't become a mass murder because the bad guys killed your girlfriend and tried to kill you. Okay, the last part is important, but there needs to be an underlying psychological problem.
I agree, but they were trying to show his instability the whole time. He WAS a loose cannon and was one step away from the edge. That part was clear to me, but killing him off so quick was a mistake IMO. As a result of how they "created" him, they couldn't have done it at any other time in the film though without altering the overall story.

3) I hate it when they kill off the lead girl in this movie and any movie! And Batman should have killed the Joker just for that! I thought this was going to be a really "dark" movie? But to me it was not dark enough.
I agree. If he loved her so much and knew her for his whole life and was basically telling her he would give up Batman for her, I think he would have snapped for sure and crossed the line.

But overall, I liked The Dark Knight a lot. But it could have been better.
It isn't our movie :) I think it could have been better, but it was still quite good.

One question I have is, now that the Joker lived, will he be in the next one? Will be weird without Heath...although I think the transition to Maggie as Rachel didn't really affect the story too much, I think someone else trying to fit Heath's fine portrayal of Joker would be tougher.

I TOTALLY knew that was Gordon because he hadn't made commissioner yet. His character has always been known as commissioner Gordon, so there was no way he could have been killed- I really liked the way they pulled that off though.

Last edited by a moderator:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It isn't our movie :) I think it could have been better, but it was still quite good.

One question I have is, now that the Joker lived, will he be in the next one? Will be weird without Heath...although I think the transition to Maggie as Rachel didn't really affect the story too much, I think someone else trying to fit Heath's fine portrayal of Joker would be tougher.

I TOTALLY knew that was Gordon because he hadn't made commissioner yet. His character has always been known as commissioner Gordon, so there was no way he could have been killed- I really liked the way they pulled that off though.
Yeah, I knew Gordon was alive somehow, but I didn't know how.

When they killed Harvey Dent, I was like, "No. That didn't just happen. Say it ain't so.":D

I didn't care who played Rachel Dawes, but I wish it had been the same person. I must be the only person who prefered katie Holmes? I felt more connected to Holmes' character. When they killed Rachel Dawes, I was also like, "No. That didn't just happen. I know that didn't just happen!":D

I really don't want to see the Joker again. So we know it can't be Harvey Dent. Scarecrow was already in 2 movies. I hope not the Penguin or Riddler. I don't know. Maybe it will be the Joker again. And this time Batman kills him.:D

This is also way off topic, but how can Superman just let Lex Luther live? So that he could kill a million people?

Oh, about the Dark Knight -- the part where the prison inmate throws out the detonator? Weak. Like that's going to happen in real life?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, about the Dark Knight -- the part where the prison inmate throws out the detonator? Weak. Like that's going to happen in real life?
Yep. As soon as he said that, those guards would have been overwhelmed. That wasn't an easy sell.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Nolan said in an interview Catwoman will definitely be in the new Batman along with the Riddler most likely. He is trying to keep the characters believable so those two would be a good fit.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nolan said in an interview Catwoman will definitely be in the new Batman along with the Riddler most likely. He is trying to keep the characters believable so those two would be a good fit.
Is there a timeline for when that movie will be out?

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis