The man from nowhere

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan

Awesome movie, the best I've seen in a while.

A junkie stripper mother gets on the wrong side of a mob drug deal and her daughter ends up getting kidnapped. The daughter has struck up a kind of friendship with their neighbor who happens to be ex-Korean special forces. He goes on a rampage to get the daughter back.

Good acting, GREAT fight scenes. I'd give it an A-

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Seconded. Great film. I got it the day it came out here :D

A

apple916

Audiophyte
One of the best action films

I've seen in long time. Has everything...action, drama, humor, violence, suspense, great direction, plot, acting.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned

A junkie stripper mother gets on the wrong side of a mob drug deal and her daughter ends up getting kidnapped. The daughter has struck up a kind of friendship with their neighbor who happens to be ex-Korean special forces. He goes on a rampage to get the daughter back.

thanks for the info,I haven't even heard of that one,it's on my queue now.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
one of my favorite scenes is the wallet/knife part :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
one of my favorite scenes is the wallet/knife part :)
I LOVED the knife fight at the end. The part where he kept dragging that one guy by his arm while fighting all the other dudes was AWESOME.

Is it just me or did the bad-*** bad guy look like the Thai version of Donnie Yen?

Thai dude

Donnie Yen

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I ended up watching the movie again tonight because of this thread. Still good :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
This is how action movies should be, good plot, good acting, characters you actually give a crap about. You hear that Michael Bay!!?!?!?!!?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

I watched this free after I saw your post from IMDB and Hulu. Good move even though I had to read the dialogue.

S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
Very good action flick! Watched it on netflix awhile back. If you're a fan of the movie Taken, then I'm sure you'll enjoy this one as well :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
HD on Netflix. I think that I know what I'm watching today. :)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
This isn't a genre I watch too much. This was a very good. I didn't how intrusive the subtitles would be, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. My wife even liked it.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This is how action movies should be, good plot, good acting, characters you actually give a crap about. You hear that Michael Bay!!?!?!?!!?
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, but (sorry, man) I liked Transformers better as an action movie.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, but (sorry, man) I liked Transformers better as an action movie.
Ya know I put in Dark of the Moon last night just to see how it looked on my new plasma and I was blown away. I actually liked it a little bit more just because of the visuals. But I still think Bay can't write a story or create a character that I like to save his life. Sorry Michael but when I'm sitting there rooting for the "good guys" to get killed, that's not a good thing.

Maybe it's because I do Kenjitsu but I really loved the martial arts in the movie, especially the main knife fight at the end.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finally got around to watching this one. My son-in-law is Korean and had this so we watched it in Korean with subs. I really enjoyed it :) (It has been in my dang queue for sooooo long)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Glad you liked it John.

Here's another good Korean movie I watched a couple of weeks ago, A Hard Day.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3697626/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Crooked cop accidentally runs over and kills a guy with his car and then spends the rest of the day trying to hide the body. Lots of tension, but some good comedy as well.

Korea has really been putting out some good movies lately.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis