skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not having read the book, knowing nothing more than that this isn't a movie about math, I went tonight. In The Life of Pi, an Indian teen, part of a family that is relocating its private zoo, finds himself alone in the middle of the ocean after a shipwreck, his only companions on a lifeboat being an injured zebra, a wacko hyena and a very hungry tiger. Being a recollected story, we know from the outset that he survives the experience, but it's quite an ordeal getting to the survival part. The story sort of reminds me of Cast Away, with the tiger in place of the basketball Wilson, the projection of Pi's emotional experiences and his disorientation.

I have to admit that, while I liked the story, I found it somewhat over-long. A little too much rumination for me. Fortunately the movie is visually spectacular - 3D everything - Indian streets, holiday dancers, stars, bioluminescent sea life, clouds, weather, storm waves, sharks, sinking ship (and especially the amazing tiger) and the eye candy is well worth the price of a ticket, even at 3D prices. I don't want to say that I didn't like it, but I found the story to mainly be a way of getting to the FX, however, the FX are spectacular.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I liked the movie........ and agree with it being visually spectacular. Worth a Redbox rent in Bluray.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis