The Hobbit Films Release Dates Announced!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Finally, after stalling several times, being threatened with continuing a director who is not Peter Jackson, and financial difficulties due to New Line Cinema's recent woes, The Hobbit, a two-part movie phenomenon is finally coming to the big screen... with actual release dates. And, actually, it's not "The Hobbit". Not anymore. It's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and its continuation, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again". The first film "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" will be released just in time for Christmas of 2012 - on December 14th. The second film, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again," will follow almost exactly a year later in 2013. While the films are being shot sequentially (and have been since March), the post production and special effects will be split, allowing Peter Jackson to complete the first film in time for its Christmas debut, and giving him nearly a year to finish up the second for the following season.

Discuss "The Hobbit Films Release Dates Announced!" here. Read the article.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I was watching the first vid Peter released about the filming. He is putting his heart into these just as he did the others. Very much looking forward to these films. Big time! Peter will go down as one of the greats in my opinion.

P

paulw

Audiophyte
Finally!

The Lord of the Rings is one of my all time favorite stories and the Hobbit was far and away my favorite book. Here's hoping the wait was worth it.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I lived though all three LOTR flicks in the theaters, then the DVD and the extended versions, but it's been lean times recently. Finally, some more Jackson/Tolkien to look forward to. I'm really a sucker for that stuff.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I'm super excited for this. There's so much garbage in theaters now, it's not even funny. Mass-produced crap, just like a lot of restaurants.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis