The Garage - home theatre

M

MAB

Audiophyte
It's too cool! I'm new to HT. I spent November converting my junkie garage into a cumfy 400 sqft room c/w 11' ceilings. I bought a BenQ 6100 (under C$800) along with a Yamaha 5790 receiver (C$800). I had some high end component cables made up; cut a computer monitor cable in half and soldered good quality component connectors to it so I could hook up the VGA input on the 6100. I also had an older Harmon Karmon high amp receiver which I am using as a slave amp for 2 Bose Optima speakers (4ohm). These I use in conjunction with my Dynamic Audio speakers up front (8ohm). These speakers are complimented with PSB surround speakers. The presence, rear surround, centre and subwoofer are all Harmon Kardon. Yup 12 speakers in all! My wife thinks I'm nuts! I also have high def satellite broadcast, so the sports is great too. My screen size is between 80 and 106 inches. Awsome home theatre for the right price, amazing sound!

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Welcome to AH, MAB. Glad your garage HT is working well for you, but doesn't it get a little cold up there in the winter? Hope your garage is warmer than mine! :p

M

mcrusty

Audiophyte
Component - vga cable for benq 6100

Could you send pictures? How did you attach the component cables to a VGA cable?

thanks in advance.

J

JP_Silver_S2k

Audioholic Intern
interesting set up, now lets see some pics!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis