TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This movie, is hysterically funny. It is dark satire and pokes serious fun at Al Qaeda and their Jihardists.

This is a movie to watch. I played it for our guests over New Year and it got a rave review.

I don't want to spoil the plot. The movie is in theaters and BD release US March 8. I heard so much about it, I managed to Download an HD copy to my workstation and ext hard drive about a month ago and stream it via my Oppo player.

I will buy a legal copy in March I promise.

It my view this is a must see movie. Showing how ridiculous the whole set up is and poking a heavy and severe dose of dark humor at it, is one of the best ways of fighting it in my view.

There are a lot of scenes that could be out of Monty Python, and the influence of that gang is undeniable.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, I have watched it as well. Terribly funny yet sad. Recommended!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I just rented this from the last video rental shop in town (which, sad to say, has just announced that is shutting down August 20th :(). It is quite funny, but also dark and tragic. The gang is incredibly inept - the ostensible leader is the only one with half a clue, although he's no rocket scientist. How dumb are they? One of them tries to train a crow to carry a tiny bomb and fly it into a building.

The various security services get skewered as well.

Here's a good summary, but there are some minor spoilers in it; so, if you don't want to know anything before viewing, skip it:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/10/the-best-film-about-islamic-terrorists-is-a-comedy/381640/

If you like dark comedy, this is a sure bet. You can almost feel sympathy for these fools...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I watched this one awhile ago, agreed, it is a very good movie. I think it is closer to real life than most people would believe; think about bumbling terrorists like the shoe-bomber or that dumbass who tried to blow up times square with a car full of gas cans and some fireworks. I bet that if you get a few drinks in them, a lot of FBI agents could go on for hours about some of the birdbrained terrorist schemes they have seen over the years.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis