3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I had me one of each from a relatively local brewery calledc Calabogie Brewery

and

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
We should probably merge this thread with the other drinking thread. I think I have a lot of posts in both :D

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Never been much of a beer drinker. Used to drink Makers Mark years ago but stopped all that when I found out I was going to be a dad for the first time. I may drink two some nights. Always drank Guinness when I went out. Went to Ireland recently and fell for this stuff. It's not too strong on the alcohol, which is fine by me because I can drink more of them.

upload_2017-1-2_3-10-55.png

J

jmalecki05

Junior Audioholic
I was in Ireland during the summer. While Guinness is THE beer of choice, Murphy's is available in most pubs and equally (if not preferred) enjoyed. According to a friend, he prefers Murphy's slightly but won't admit it in public ;)

I like both, although prefer Murphy's due to the slightly more dense body.

My last two nights included:

rude-elfs-reserve-thumb.jpg

stbernarduschristmasale.png

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I was in Ireland during the summer. While Guinness is THE beer of choice, Murphy's is available in most pubs and equally (if not preferred) enjoyed. According to a friend, he prefers Murphy's slightly but won't admit it in public ;)

I like both, although prefer Murphy's due to the slightly more dense body.
I like Both as well but favor the Murphy's. It seemed somewhat of a regional thing in Ireland. Murphy's being made in Cork, as opposed to Guinness from Dublin. Often times I will drink both together at the same time. There's only one place here in Tampa that carries Murphy's and they sell it in 10 packs instead of the 4 packs like Guinness.

J

jmalecki05

Junior Audioholic
I noticed that too. While in Kinsale (County Cork) our tour guide (From Dingle in County Kerry) told me drink all the Murphy's I wanted to; but If I ordered one in his county, then he will feckin kill me ;) and so will the guys at the pub.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I noticed that too. While in Kinsale (County Cork) our tour guide (From Dingle in County Kerry) told me drink all the Murphy's I wanted to; but If I ordered one in his county, then he will feckin kill me ;) and so will the guys at the pub.
I'm Irish. While I was there, it made me appreciate American food. So much so, that I started to understand why the Irish have their stout. It helps to wash a lot of that down and out of the way. :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm Irish. While I was there, it made me appreciate American food. So much so, that I started to understand why the Irish have their stout. It helps to wash a lot of that down and out of the way. :D
LOL!

Yeah, the reason for the Irish stout has more to do with the water chemistry for the area.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
LOL!

Yeah, the reason for the Irish stout has more to do with the water chemistry for the area.
It's great with food. An excellent thirst quencher from my experience. Is what I end up using it for here. I even brought home the proper glasses. I like the finer fizz of the nitro beers. Heavy carbonation is why I rarely drink beer, cola, or other soft drinks.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
It's great with food. An excellent thirst quencher from my experience. Is what I end up using it for here. I even brought home the proper glasses. I like the finer fizz of the nitro beers. Heavy carbonation is why I rarely drink cola or other soft drinks.
Yeah, all you stout drinkers (and tripples/quads), I gotta start posting my IPA drinks to balance it out.

I loved stouts for many years, but today my 1st choice is always an IPA!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Just a little stout chemistry education:
Dublin has particularly hard water, meaning it contains large amounts of bicarbonates and calcium which raise the pH of the water. To avoid harsh flavours in the beer, Dublin brewers rely on enzymes with very specific pH requirements of around 5.1–5.5. This requires roasted malts — which have an acidic effect on the brew – to lower the pH. These water conditions have resulted in the Irish stout style (such as Guinness) being developed there.

http://www.lateralmag.com/articles/issue-5/beer-a-chemical-composition

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis