The Dolby Atmos Home Theater Paradox

How Many Speakers are You running in your Home Theater?

• 5.1 or up to 5.4

Votes: 108 46.8%
  • 6.1 or up to 6.4

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 7.1 or up to 7.4

Votes: 70 30.3%
  • 9.1 or up to 9.4

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • 11.1 or up to 11.4

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Two-Channel is where it's at!

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am the only one who couldn't care less about anything above 5.1, Dolby ATMOS or the likes? :D

I couldn't care less about 3D video either. :D

I think they are all gimmick.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I am the only one who couldn't care less about anything above 5.1, Dolby ATMOS or the likes? :D

I couldn't care less about 3D video either. :D

I think they are all gimmick.
With 5 RBH T2s in your system, why would you care about anything else ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
With 5 RBH T2s in your system, why would you care about anything else ;)
BTW, I decided to get five of the SX-T2N/R with the Reference Status Acoustics drivers. :D

Damn straight. Dolby ATMOS who? DTS MDA who? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are you selling your Revels?

It looks like subs are optional :D

- Rich
Who me? Yes. Salon2 should be sold by this weekend if the person interested can rent a cargo van this weekend. :D

And I suppose subs are always "optional" with any speaker depending on your preference. Because the SX-T2/R's bass can be actively bi-amp, I can do a lot more with the bass.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Who me? Yes. Salon2 should be sold by this weekend if the person interested can rent a cargo van this weekend. :D

And I suppose subs are always "optional" with any speaker depending on your preference. Because the SX-T2/R's bass can be actively bi-amp, I can do a lot more with the bass.
Now that your are going "Gene" you can go green and pick up a couple of Emotiva XPR-1 (1KW) mono-blocks :p :D

- Rich

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Now that your are going "Gene" you can go green and pick up a couple of Emotiva XPR-1 (1KW) mono-blocks :p :D

- Rich
I don't have the 8T, so I'm not quite there yet. ;)

Sorry. No offense, but with 4 ATI amps, there is no chance I would get EMO. A member here is interested in my AT3002. But the more I sleep on it, the more I want to keep it just because. :D

Yeah, the 5 RBH SX-T2/R will be ecstatic to have the AT3005 & AT2005, thank you very much. :)

Last edited:
RichB

RichB

I don't have the 8T, so I'm not quite there yet. ;)

Sorry. No offense, but with 4 ATI amps, there is no chance I would get EMO. A member here is interested in my AT3002. But the more I sleep on it, the more I want to keep it just because. :D

Yeah, the 5 RBH SX-T2/R will be ecstatic to have the AT3005 & AT2005, thank you very much. :)
I am certain that those ATI's will be up to the task.

What are your impressions of the RBH SX-T2/R and how do they compare to the Salons2's

- Rich

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am certain that those ATI's will be up to the task.

What are your impressions of the RBH SX-T2/R and how do they compare to the Salons2's

- Rich
I don't have them yet. :D

I've only heard the old Classic T2 towers a few years ago when I was auditioning Revel, B&W, KEF, Linkwitz, Wilson, etc.

My impression of the old boxy Classic T2 towers was that they sounded utterly amazing in terms of treble, midrange, and bass, but they looked really ugly. :D

So the SX-series fixed the aesthetic of the old classic T-series. :D

Some people say the Reference T (SX-T2/R) sounds significantly better. But I am reticent to implicitly agree since the standard Signature T-series already sound astounding. I'm just thinking, "How do you improve on such amazing speakers?" :D

I guess to me, it's like the Salon1 --> Salon2 or 802D1 --> 802D2. I think many people claim the Salon2 and 802D2 respectively sound "significantly better", but I am reticent to implicitly agree. :D

At this level (I just noticed the MSRP of the SX-T3P/R is about $20,000), I won't say if one speaker is better than another.

I think each person has a certain personality and each speaker company has a certain personality. We just find the speaker that fits our own personality best. :D

Some of us are able to find that perfect match the first time around (like you did).

Some of us are able to find that perfect match only after thousands of dollars later. :eek:

RichB

RichB

I don't have them yet. :D

I've only heard the old Classic T2 towers a few years ago when I was auditioning Revel, B&W, KEF, Linkwitz, Wilson, etc.

My impression of the old boxy Classic T2 towers was that they sounded utterly amazing in terms of treble, midrange, and bass, but they looked really ugly. :D

So the SX-series fixed the aesthetic of the old classic T-series. :D

Some people say the Reference T (SX-T2/R) sounds significantly better. But I am reticent to implicitly agree since the standard Signature T-series already sound astounding. I'm just thinking, "How do you improve on such amazing speakers?" :D
Excellent speakers and amplification speakers sound more alike than different.
There is a point, when we should sit back and enjoy them. :p :D

We anxiously await photos... :D

- Rich

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent speakers and amplification speakers sound more alike than different.
There is a point, when we should sit back and enjoy them. :p :D

We anxiously await photos... :D

- Rich
They can certainly all sound great even if they all sound differently. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think Gene will have to sell his $50K 8Ts to get some Dolby Atmos specifically engineered speakers. Otherwise, they just won't sound their best. :eek: :D

RichB

RichB

I think Gene will have to sell his $50K 8Ts to get some Dolby Atmos specifically engineered speakers. Otherwise, they just won't sound their best. :eek: :D
Can you get two more T2P's to hang from the ceiling :p :D

The slogan: ATMOS who needs quality when you can have quantity.

- Rich

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I don't see myself messing with this latest hype. But to everyone else, please enjoy! :D

Back to my XBMC and lowly non-Dolby Atmos speaker system. :D

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Yes, they will sound better for Dolby Atmos than Revel Salon2, RBH 8T, KEF Blade, etc. because the Pioneer are engineered specifically for Dolby Atmos with vertically-firing Dolby Atmos-enabled drivers. :D
Audio snobbery :p I'm sure for the price many will find them enjoyable. Yes we know that you will wait for RBH to come out with their 73 driver, 600lbs version

RichB

RichB

Yes, they will sound better for Dolby Atmos than Revel Salon2, RBH 8T, KEF Blade, etc. because the Pioneer are engineered specifically for Dolby Atmos with vertically-firing Dolby Atmos-enabled drivers. :D
A sound bar with top firing drivers is surely on the horizon.

- Rich

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Audio snobbery :p I'm sure for the price many will find them enjoyable. Yes we know that you will wait for RBH to come out with their 73 driver, 600lbs version
Oh, hells no. I have an abhorrence for heavy objects. :eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
A sound bar with top firing drivers is surely on the horizon.

- Rich
Top, rear, and side firing drivers. It's like a battle ship. The more the merrier. :D

Of course, it won't sound as good unless you are wearing that 3D glasses. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis