j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I really liked the first one but I'd have to say that this one is as good as, if not better, than the first one. Wan is a very entertaining horror director. Horror movies are best when they're made by a horror movie fan IMO. This one is far more intense than the first one but still maintains a good blend of things unseen as well as those that are right there. We were able to catch it in an Atmos theater and IMO, that really added to the effect as the sound was exceptionally well done in this one. It built nicely on the first one and though it has a familiar story to the first (both are based on actual events) it definitely steps up its game. Where the first one was less CG, this one has a bit more though it is used effectively, not as a crutch. I like that it doesn't rely on gore for shock like so many "horror" films today. My kind of movie :) Not going to win any Oscars IMO, but it is a very entertaining thrill ride. If you have an Atmos theater around, might be worth checking this one out. Recommended for horror film fans. I'll be buying this one on BD for sure, which I am sure will more likely than not be out around October.

There was a trailer before this one and looks like Wan already has another film coming out this year. It looks good as well.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
John, this one looks very scary to me. Have not seen the first one yet, but plan to do so. Afterwards, will be sure to check this one out. Right now I want to go see the Purge when it comes out. Independence Day also looks to be decent. Just wished a new Mummy would come out. Really like those movies too....LOL!!!

Cheers,

Phil

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I don't remember the first one, though I think I remember liking it. I ended up seeing this one because the wife and I had a fight and I needed to get out of the house.

It was OK. Nothing too great. I honestly don't know why it was rated R. There wasn't any gore or swearing.

I did like the painting scene. Although why would you even hang a painting like that in your house??????

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They have all that junk in their "artifacts" room, so the painting of Marilyn Manson in the study really wasn't odd :) Not one of the classics, just like the first one wasn't, but I found it entertaining pretty entertaining. Yeah. probably didn't need the R rating, but is a little more intense than the average PG13

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Both of the movies are great! How ever the ending of second movie was little disappointing imo as it was building up quite well and then it just ends like nothing.. But overall it was a nice movie.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis