A

AtomicGuy

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Believe me I'm a newbie!!!, so excuse me for asking this question if it sounds dumb,,haha!!.
Recently my brother bought an XBOX and of course has hooked it up to the rca jacks on the front of my SA-AX920 amp/reciever. The sa-ax920 is a 100W per channel (20Hz - 20kHz, 8 ohms, 0.05% THD) and enclosed in a cabinet with very little clearance from the top shelf maybe an inch or so and I'm thinking the ventilation is not up to par for extended use. I only have two 60 watt KLH Satelite speakers attached to its subwoofer than the subwoofer to the sa-ax920. when i bought the speaker/subwoofer combo i did not know that my reciever needed rca jacks to hook up the subwoofer so the subwoofer is directly attached to the left and right channels. Previously only used the reciever to watch DVD movies.  My queston is my brother plays his XBOX for more than 12 hours a day and I'm worried my reciever may heat up or blow one of the cones in my speakers,am I just a little paranoid or should i limit his playing time. He can also use the jacks on the VCR, bypass the reciever and go directly to the tv but he likes the big bang sound the games produce on my system.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Technics equipment is highly reliable but it also runs very hot.  I would highly recommend that you give your receiver adequate ventilation.  With adequate ventilation the equipment should last a long time.</font>

<font color='#008080'>Too bad your receiver doesn't support digital inputs for Dolby Digital surround... XBox rules in 5.1!</font>

B

blue73

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Burnout 2 Rocks in Dolby Dig, the crash sequences are mint
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis