Technics Overload problem

Z

zumez

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>My friend found out that I was looking for a reciever, and he gave me his Technics sa-gx470 reciever. &nbsp;The reason he gave me the reciever is that, when you turn on the reciever it says on the display &quot;Overload&quot; over and over. &nbsp;I remembered that my friend said if you hit the machine on the top sometimes you can get it to work. &nbsp;So after a few pimp smacks, it finally worked. &nbsp;I want to get rid of the Overload problem, how can i do this? &nbsp;thanks for reading</font>

<font color='#000000'>This is one of the funniest posts I have ever read... Sorry about your problem, but if you turn it on, with no speakers attached, and it still says that, then you will probably have to take it in for repair - or discard.</font>

B

banjo215

Audiophyte
Wow just found this on google I have a Technics SA-AX7 that has been doing the same thing for a couple months now. Any luck finding out what it was?

Bill

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
My suggestion is that you need to keep the pimpin hand strong. ;)

S

SammyMac

Audiophyte
My Sony Receiver (STR DE 305) had a problem where i would play it above a certain volume, around 4 on the dial, where it would stop and the protection would come one, anyway. it was found there was a fault with some curcuit. A checkup at the service centre should fix the problem.

andrescastro

Audiophyte
hi,im andres, i used to have the same problem,look, please make shure all the wires are pluged, and all that stuff....but...first turn your amp on without speakers...then give the amp some volume a half or full,i your fan dont turn on,the only thing you have to do,its clean up the fan,make shure is working properly,why??because is an overload protection,when the volume is raised up,the fan will run,if the fan doesnt,the amp will protect and display "overload"....im shure it will work.
i hope this is usefull.
andres

B

bane1202

Audioholic Intern
I have the same crappy reciever. About 2 years ago I had the same problem and took it in for repair and the guy replaced the fan controller. Apparently it goes into safe mode if it doesnt detect the fan spinning. So either your fan is dead or the fan controller is. Good luck.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis