Technics New Class A Integrated Amplifier???

• Thread starter slipperybidness
  • Start date
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I managed to inherit an early 80s Technics New Class A Integrated Stereo Amplifier before it made it to the donation pile.

Anybody familiar with these? Sorry I don't have it in front of me now but I can get the model # later if anyone is interested.

Are they any good, worth keeping, worth putting in a garage audio system? It is pretty dang heavy for it's size, so that is promising. It didn't sound too bad on the vintage technics speakers, but I haven't hooked it up to any better speakers yet to check it out.

Anyway, I figured the price was right (free) and you never know when you could use a spare amp.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I managed to inherit an early 80s Technics New Class A Integrated Stereo Amplifier before it made it to the donation pile.

Anybody familiar with these? Sorry I don't have it in front of me now but I can get the model # later if anyone is interested.

Are they any good, worth keeping, worth putting in a garage audio system? It is pretty dang heavy for it's size, so that is promising. It didn't sound too bad on the vintage technics speakers, but I haven't hooked it up to any better speakers yet to check it out.

Anyway, I figured the price was right (free) and you never know when you could use a spare amp.
model number plus pics wont hurt at all

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis