Technics Amplifier Overload problem

S

sapphire18

Enthusiast
Hello, I am new to this forum, and the poeple here are probably the only one, who can give me some good adivices.
I have Technics SA-AX720 amplifier, it is a really good piece and I have it for about 8 years now, maybe more, maybe less, i do not really remember.
Today it gave me a message on the display, saying "OVERLOAD" i checked every connection, everything looks good, the power is also fine, and i still hope it is some easily fixable problem, cause i dont want to throw it away, after so many years I made an emotional relationship with this amplifier :-(
Can you give me some advices what is wrong?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like your speaker wires are crossed.
Check the wiring.

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
Nomo might have it. All it takes is one barely visible strand of wire to cause this headache.

S

sapphire18

Enthusiast
just tried disconnecting all speakers and tried to turn receiver on without them, and no change, looks like something different :-/

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
You've got internal short.
It would probably be cheaper to replace it than having it even looked at, much less repaired.

S

sapphire18

Enthusiast
Well, I somehow managed to "repair" it, I disassembled it, cleaned, cause it was full of dust -_-
And it is working again, so I am pretty much happy, do you think btw, that dust could cause this internal short?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Dunno about it causing an internal short but it might have caused somethng. Consider yourself lucky you dodged a bullet here.

S

sapphire18

Enthusiast
Hey Nomo, I would like to ask you few more questions, since you seem, that you know alot about this stuff.
The first question is, do you have any client, or anything, where we could talk real-time? Since it would be much faster/easier, for example Skype.

The second question is, that we found out, the receiver is messing up, only when computer is connected trough jack-cinch cable, that is probably messing up the receiver. From what i know, when you connect audio device(speaker) to PC trough jack, trough the cable is also going some amount of power, to supply the speaker, when its going to receiver, it doesnt have any protection from power, on the (lets call it audio signal) connectors, what do you think?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
You can PM me, but I'm the village idiot here compared to many others.
You'll get much better answers in the open forums.

S

sapphire18

Enthusiast
Those are the open forums, aren't they? Still I cant PM anyone until I make this fifth post.
And what do you, or lets say anyone that is reading this think about that electricity going trough jack-cinch cable, could it be doing the internal short?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis