Teach me about NAS devices

jinjuku

jinjuku

Kodi has very deep UI skin system. If you didn't like Confluence, there are literally hundreds of others.
Kodi official remote app is not great. Agreed. No one is forcing you to use it. I use Yatse app for remote, but most of time just this wireless keyboard:
https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Enhanced-Multimedia-Backlit-Keyboard/dp/B005L2NTTQ
I think I bought it on sale on lenovo site for $30-35

$50 is not that much for media software, but then why, then kodi does everything just as well for free.
Linux is only free if you don't value your time :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Linux is only free if you don't value your time :)
Ok, Dude. Don't confuse Kodi and linux. You're thinking OpenElec - it's specialty linux which autoboots to a bit customized Kodi Gui - it's breeze to setup and never need to go to command line.

But Kodi (aka XBMC) runs on Windows, Mac (OSX), Android and even on jailboreken Apple's IOS devices (and yes - it even does run on generic Linux desktop)

p.s: Could you please give me back COUNTLESS hours I spend on the phone with Microsoft support over their various server products.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ok, Dude. Don't confuse Kodi and linux. You're thinking OpenElec - it's specialty linux which autoboots to a bit customized Kodi Gui - it's breeze to setup and never need to go to command line.

But Kodi (aka XBMC) runs on Windows, Mac (OSX), Android and even on jailboreken Apple's IOS devices (and yes - it even does run on generic Linux desktop)

p.s: Could you please give me back COUNTLESS hours I spend on the phone with Microsoft support over their various server products.
When I tried Kodi it was in part on a linux distro.

Some times you have to pick your battles. J River was just a double click and install and go. It this case a commercial product fits the bill. It's either my time or my money. I'm glad there are things like Kodi out there. If it was the best fit for everyone then J River wouldn't even exist.

BTW I'm a server and Cisco guy also. MCSE NT4, 2000, 2003, 2012 and I hear you about being on the phone with MS from time to time when something doesn't work as advertised.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I know that you know your stuff. That's why I listen for your advice then applicable. As for kodi app, just install it on your windows desktop and give it another go. Its just as much as double click install.
I'm not mcse myself, but I probably know as much. I am mainly vmware vcap 5.5, NetApp and other storage systems. I also deal with windows and linux servers.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis