Teac Legacy AG-L800 Feeler

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'm testing the waters to see if anyone is interested in this. I'm on the fence as to whether I want to sell it or not. I like that it has 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS but I don't like that it doesn't match the rest of my Teac components.

I'm just interested in determining the level of interest in this component. I'm going to assume that most that are interested in this will already be well aware of what it is and it's capabilities. Never the less, I will briefly touch on features and specifications.

The Teac AG-L800 Audio Video receiver has Tripath amplifier section rated 80 watts x 2 RMS @ 6 ohms 20 Hz - 20 kHz and 50 watts x 5 @ 6 ohms (1 kHz). It has 2 optical and one coaxial digital input as well as an optical and coaxial digital output. It has an LCD touchscreen remote control with macro capabilities. I also have the user manual. I do not have the 1/8" - USB data interface cable to update the remote via computer. I do have the original software disc.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, Klipsch galor. That would be a pretty kindred match to the Teac in my opinion.

I'm thinking about $250. I've seen the A-L700P sell for almost that much and it's just a 3 channel amplifier with smaller output devices and a smaller power supply.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I guess that was not appealing?

Feel free to make a counter offer.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
This scale should give you a good idea of this receiver's size.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I guess that was not appealing?

Feel free to make a counter offer.
Lol, sorry I forgot to respond after I read your post. I was just looking for a receiver to use in my bedroom with my Klipsch Quintet SL system (I know, more klipsch speakers lol), but 250 is a little high for my purposes.

Good luck with your sale, the receiver looks perfect for anyone who needs 5.1 with a small form factor.

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
Curiosity wants to know the differences between the AG-L800 and the AG-H550.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The Teac AG-L800 uses tripath output devices for each channel instead of a standard class A/B design in the AG-H550. It's a form of a class D amplifier with a very high efficiency and low distortion. The more efficient design allows the receiver to be smaller than the similarly performing AG-H550. Other than preouts, the AG-L800 has virtually everything the AG-H550 has, minus 12 pounds from the more efficient design. The AG-L800 is newer and includes Dolby Pro Logic II, the AG-H550 sports the standard Pro Logic.

For looks I prefer the AG-H550, even though it is larger overall. I've never had one and am still on the hunt (short of the A-H500 integrated, it's at the top of my list of things to get.

The AG-L800 seems to have more people interested in it than the AG-H550 for the tripath amplifier technology inside. DIY'ers and audiophiles modify the Teac tripath based products as well. This trend was set when a company named "Sonic Impact" released a little plastic 15 watt per channel amplifier for dirt cheap and audiophiles just soaked that little thing up. Since then, anything and everything tripath has become an "audiophile secret" or something. I'll admit, this thing sounds very refined for a receiver it's weight and dimensions. I still prefer the look and overall operation of my AG-H500 stereo receiver. The AG-L800 just looks funny sitting on top of the PD-H570 7 CD changer.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I am bumping this with a price reduction.

$199 + free shipping to lower 48 states.

Last edited by a moderator:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
What are the dimensions?
I might have a nice niche for that.
Also what does it offer for bass management?

Thanks,
Kurt

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
What are the dimensions?
I might have a nice niche for that.
Also what does it offer for bass management?

Thanks,
Kurt
Bass management's extent is large/small and the crossover is fixed at 90Hz.

I approximated the mounting depth to be around 13.5"-14", width 10.75", and height 4.5".

I also have this listed on Audiogon (slightly higher price for the reliability of their system and the fees).

Some people feel more secure when dealing with an intermediary as well.

U

unclemilty

Audiophyte
Nice unit, is it still available?

Hi, I was just wondering if you ever sold this, if not I'm interested in buying it. Let me know, thanks!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I did sell it. However, I may be able to part with another one of my Teac components if you're interested. I have an A-H500 integrated amplifier I may sell.

I'll send you a PM with my email address (you won't be able to respond via PM, but you'll be able to read it).

C

chug

Audioholic Intern
I have one of these for sale if it is of any use to anyone, although I'm in the UK so I'm only after £85 for the unit but postage is £60. Comes with a brand new learning remote.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis