Taylos Reference Monitors For Sale!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Dude put these on ebay. I'm shocked these have not sold already. They have a great rep from what I've read. Don't sell these short! PATIENCE!
Looks kind of like I may need to put them on ebay. Also thought that by now they would be gone. No selling them short, but have financial pressures building up. Thanks Joe for the suggestion.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I honestly don't know exactly. Ty is still using the same exact cabinets/drivers. So, my guess would be 6-7 years maybe. Everything works fine. There are no nasty scratches/scuffs on them whatsoever. They look and sound fantastic. Keep in mind now that they are very heavy. Each Taylo weighs in at almost 40-lbs. The cabinets are 1 1/2" thick all the way around w/extensive bracing. YOU will need good stands. The top plate of said stands need to be thick.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks but too old 4 me.
Well I understand. But, they may not be that old. Ty can build you a brand new set for $2400! When you buy them new, he will also build you some stands for like $200 more. Normally, his stands are $400 a set. He just recently sent a set of the Taylos out for review. When he gets them back, Ty could make you a better deal than $2400. Might want to contact him. Ty prefers email. Just saying.......if you need my help let me know. Thanks for inquiring.

Cheers,

Phil

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well I understand. But, they may not be that old. Ty can build you a brand new set for $2400! When you buy them new, he will also build you some stands for like $200 more. Normally, his stands are $400 a set. He just recently sent a set of the Taylos out for review. When he gets them back, Ty could make you a better deal than $2400. Might want to contact him. Ty prefers email. Just saying.......if you need my help let me know. Thanks for inquiring.

Cheers,

Phil
What does it matter how old they are? I have a system that uses 8 drivers from that metal cone SEAS excel line and the drivers are all fine having been driven hard for 10 Years. I have drivers in my system that are now around forty years old and they are just like new. All are just as good now as the day installed.

Only poor drivers deteriorate with age, good ones do not unless seriously abused. Those drivers are among the finest in the world.

Age is in noway a valid reason for passing up those speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some of the best deals in audio are used speakers. 6-7 years old if well taken care of and of good quality as mentioned shouldn't be an issue.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
+ like wine the driver gets better. If I had the funds boy would I get them. For the price they are a steal.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What does it matter how old they are? I have a system that uses 8 drivers from that metal cone SEAS excel line and the drivers are all fine having been driven hard for 10 Years. I have drivers in my system that are now around forty years old and they are just like new. All are just as good now as the day installed.

Only poor drivers deteriorate with age, good ones do not unless seriously abused. Those drivers are among the finest in the world.

Age is in noway a valid reason for passing up those speakers.
I agree 100%! Really do not know how old they are. The original owner sold the Taylos so he could buy the Linbrook Signature Monitors. They have been well taken care of. My pics don't do them justice. They look and sound excellent! Thanks for the support!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Some of the best deals in audio are used speakers. 6-7 years old if well taken care of and of good quality as mentioned shouldn't be an issue.
I agree 100 %! The Taylos may not even be that old. But, they look and sound great. Built like tanks too. Not a thing wrong with any of the drivers. They have been very well taken care of. Thanks for the support.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
+ like wine the driver gets better. If I had the funds boy would I get them. For the price they are a steal.
Very good point Joe. Appreciate your support. Honestly, I have more than $950 in them. Letting them go for $900 shipped is merely giving them away. Just saying.......

Cheers,

Phil

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
If I had the cash I'd buy them from you and just hold them for you until you were in better times and could buy them back. :) For that price, you could probably pawn them.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If I had the cash I'd buy them from you and just hold them for you until you were in better times and could buy them back. :) For that price, you could probably pawn them.
Really appreciate it rojo. It is okay. Things will get better sooner or later. It never rains forever. The pawn shops in my neck of the woods are super duper cheapos! Hopefully, they will sell soon. Thanks for your kind words.

Cheers,

Phil

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Really appreciate it rojo. It is okay. Things will get better sooner or later. It never rains forever. The pawn shops in my neck of the woods are super duper cheapos! Hopefully, they will sell soon. Thanks for your kind words.

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah, a pawn shop is not going to pay you a reasonable amount for those. They aren't going to be able to determine their actual value and would certainly take that into consideration with their offer which would be resoundingly low. That would be an unknown quantity to them.

Source: I'm a manager of a pawn shop.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, a pawn shop is not going to pay you a reasonable amount for those. They aren't going to be able to determine their actual value and would certainly take that into consideration with their offer which would be resoundingly low. That would be an unknown quantity to them.

Source: I'm a manager of a pawn shop.
So very true Seth. That is why I do NOT even waste my time w/Pawn Shops. Maybe I will get them sold soon enough. Hope all is well your way Seth!

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'm so glad for you Phil, but especially for the new owner. He or she got a great speaker at a fantastic price.

As for age of the speakers, I had bought a pair of Hafler 200 stand mount speakers new in 1988. Last October I finally upgraded to the floor standing speakers I now have. Though I replaced (upgraded) the tweeters on the Hafler 200's in 2008, that's all it took to totally restore 20 year old speakers that were in almost daily use, and my niece and her fiancé are still using them. Even if those Taylo's were 6 to 7 years old, we know they weren't used heavily because of who you got them from. Solid deal, terrific speakers.

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Phil...congrats of the sale and more importantly Happy Birthday....:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis