Synergy of Equipment

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>This is a place where everyone can discuss what components work well together based on their listening experiences. &nbsp;If this forum becomes active enough, we will dedicate a permanent forum for it.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Let me be the first, it is critical to match Yamaha amps and receivers with proper speakers, unlike others, the Yamaha sonic signature in their amp and DAC section is way less forgiving.

Speakers that go well with Yamaha are Yamaha's own NS series, Paradigm, Magnepan, Canton, Axiom, B&amp;W, Sonus Faber, Celestion, MB Quart, Camber. There may be more but these are the combos I have had the extensive chance to audition.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Yamahaluver

&nbsp;Have you heard any Boston spkrs with Yamaha recvrs? If so, what is your impression? I have a pr of vr950s' with a pv500 sub &amp;, at first, thought it sounded good. But there seems to be a gap in the (approx.) 200-500hz area. I've played around with all the settings but to no avail.
&nbsp; I know I'm dealing with the low end of Bostons' line here but before I go &amp; spend any more on Boston stuff (magnolia is having another sale) Id like your opinion on this match of equip.

Thanks</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Zipper,

Long time back I heard a pair of BA's top rated T-1030 at 6th Avenue in Paramus NJ, it had good mids but the bass sounded artificial and so did the treble with some material, preffered the sound of Paradigm, Magnepan and Yamaha over them.

Why not audition a pair of Yamaha NS-777, Magnepan and Paradigm just for curiosity.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I would love to hear the speakers you mention but dont know where to go in the Seattle area. I find it puzzling that there are 2 (used to be 3) places in my area (N. of Seattle) that carry Yamaha recvrs but no other Yamaha equip. I'm going to research it &amp; will plan a field trip into Seattle.

&nbsp;Thanks.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>i have a compatibility question for the yamaha rxv2400. &nbsp;i have a set of Acoustic Research HC1s... yes, I know, no comparison to my &nbsp;klipsch La Scalas... but i had to down size.

has anyone tested with these or similar speakers?

thanks
dorys</font>

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000F22'>Has anyone by chance heard RBH speakers on yamaha amps/dacs?  I have the mc-6c monitors and mc-414c center.  Tomorrow, im off to listen to, and more than likely purchase rx-v2400.

Just figured I would check here first for the hell of it.  
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I found out the hard way that Quad 11s did not work well with my NAD C-320 BEE, contrary to What Hi-Fi said (the British magazine). The Quads sounded great when hooked up to Quad electronics at the dealers, but when I got them home... you know the story. What does work great with NAD are PSB speakers. If you like a warm lush sound it's a match made in heaven. I found out that NAD and PSB are distributed by the same company, so I bought their image series and they're excellent. There seems to be some truth that certain speakers are tuned to certain companys components, or vice versa. Other companies that distribute together and may work well are: Rotel w/ B&amp;W and Harmon Kardon w/ Infinity &amp; JBL.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis