swapping panasonic recievers ?

C

capecodbob

Audiophyte
New to the forum and I apoligize for just jumping in with a ? .

I have a SA PT 464 reciever that has failed. Not knowing much about these other than to plug them in, I want to know if a Panasonic SA PT 673 can be used in place of the 464. All the plug/jacks on the back appear to be identical and the front seems the same also.

Thankyou for any help, Bob.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
New to the forum and I apoligize for just jumping in with a ? .

I have a SA PT 464 reciever that has failed. Not knowing much about these other than to plug them in, I want to know if a Panasonic SA PT 673 can be used in place of the 464. All the plug/jacks on the back appear to be identical and the front seems the same also.

Thankyou for any help, Bob.
Typically when an HTIB like that fails it is better to buy a regular receiver from Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Pioneer and many others. The reason is that the speakers made for those are normally made for the specific unit and aren't compatible with any other. They usually have a 3 ohm rating which is not all that compatible with other "mainstream" receivers.

It might work, but if it costs you more than $50 I wouldn't bother. It'll break and you'll have to do this all over again.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
If “all the plugs and jacks are the same,” there’s no reason the 673 won’t work for you. But as panter mentioned, don’t expect it to last longer than the first one did.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis