SVS ultra Tower In-wall/on-wall substitute

M

mx416

Audioholic
Hi all-

Really appreciate all the information this forum has given me. I come baring another question for the experts.

I am currently running SVS ultra tower’s up front for my LCR’s. I really really like them! However our son is one years old and we will hopefully be having a second kid In a year or two. Being realistic i think i need to replace the SVS towers with some nice in-walls. Don’t worry i will keep the towers safe in a non-kid room. But the main living room needs to be kid friendly. What In-wall/on-walls do you folks suggest to replace my SVS ultra towers? My price range is 1K-4K$. I will be keeping the Ultra center since it is on a floating shelf.

Thanks for the help
Cheers!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well, there are a lot of capable in walls. But my experience raising 3 kids of my own, and having nieces and nephews in and out of my house has shown that kids are easily trainable. You can teach them not to mess with speakers and equipment. IMO it’s a lot easier than mounting IW speakers, and much cheaper too. I’d use the extra money for another sub!

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Triad LCRs.

Triad is a Portland-based company that hand builds speakers in just about every configuration you can imagine. They will even color match the speakers and grills to match the paint on your walls. In addition to InRoom speakers, Triad has In-Wall, OnWall and angled InCeiling speakers and subwoofers that work amazingly well for rooms in which you have no floor space, or when you wish to hide the speakers from view. The company has speakers in many different price ranges, starting at $300 per speaker.

While not a household name, Triad is a favorite of custom installers and has won numerous industry awards. The company is also a development partner for Dolby, helping to design speaker systems for immersive audio. Most recently, Triad Gold Monitor speakers won Best of Show at the 2019 CEDIA Expo in Denver. How Triad's Are Built:

Attachments

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Well, there are a lot of capable in walls. But my experience raising 3 kids of my own, and having nieces and nephews in and out of my house has shown that kids are easily trainable. You can teach them not to mess with speakers and equipment. IMO it’s a lot easier than mounting IW speakers, and much cheaper too. I’d use the extra money for another sub!
Agreed. I have a seemingly endless supply of grandchildren. Much less destructive than cats and dogs.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed. I have a seemingly endless supply of grandchildren. Much less destructive than cats and dogs.
Absolutely. And one of the easiest words to learn words in the dictionary is, no! Simple, two letters, works. Much cheaper, and less invasive than cutting up the walls too lol.
In fairness, everyone does it different. Just seems crazy to me to go through all that when children are small for such a short time, and can easily be taught to leave things alone.
FWIW as dawn mentioned, triad is a great choice. Klipsch has some nice THX in walls. RSL has a new square version of the c34E.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hi all-

Really appreciate all the information this forum has given me. I come baring another question for the experts.

I am currently running SVS ultra tower’s up front for my LCR’s. I really really like them! However our son is one years old and we will hopefully be having a second kid In a year or two. Being realistic i think i need to replace the SVS towers with some nice in-walls. Don’t worry i will keep the towers safe in a non-kid room. But the main living room needs to be kid friendly. What In-wall/on-walls do you folks suggest to replace my SVS ultra towers? My price range is 1K-4K$. I will be keeping the Ultra center since it is on a floating shelf.

Thanks for the help
Cheers!
Monolith by Monoprice THX-465IW THX Certified Ultra 3-Way In-Wall Speaker
1699825576156.png

RBH 821T-SW/R on wall speakers
1699825521478.png

RBH 831-SW/R on wall speakers
1699825462397.png

RBH have in wall versions of the on wall I just posted

If you need an RBH dealer I can refer you to my dealer amazing guy lve been with him for years. PM me and I'll get you his info

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah definitely would prefer discipline over cutting into walls and the wiring and all that entails. Maybe just putting up protective screening or something.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis