SVS Ultra Speakers Loudspeakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member

SVS has dominated the marketing with high performance, high value subwoofers for years. Hellow SVS ultra Loudspeakers!

It's about time they decided to pull off this tough balancing act between performance/value on a loudspeaker line as well. The new SVS Ultra Series Speakers seem to do just that with their Ultra Towers, Center and Surrounds. We give you the details on these new products.

Discuss "SVS Ultra Speakers Loudspeakers Preview" here. Read the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Well hello there gorgeous. My interest is definitely piqued.

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
Looks awesome. Definitely a huge step up from the M Series line. But I wonder if we can expect a NSD budget speaker line to replace the S series or is this going to be SVS's only speaker option.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looks awesome. Definitely a huge step up from the M Series line. But I wonder if we can expect a NSD budget speaker line to replace the S series or is this going to be SVS's only speaker option.
That's a good question. Interestingly though for $2k/pair your getting high quality parts and construction with a real veneer wood finish. Some manufacturers charge 25-35% more for real wood and instead give you vinyl as their base price. $2k/pair for these looks like a real deal!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So all the drivers are of their own design as well? The tweeter looks like a SEAS, but with that cool aluminum face plate.

SaviorMachine

SaviorMachine

Enthusiast
Extreme sex... I can tell that the Ultra tower wants much more amplifier than I've got and more than I can reasonably afford; nonetheless--SEX.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Congrats to SVS for the new Ultra family, though.
The CC looks like the B&W CM C2 and a lot cheaper.

Let's wait and see how do they perform in real world though, but I'm sure this new breed won't disappoint at all ;)

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic
Another very interesting contender in the crowded $2000 tower speaker class. I guess we will have to wait and see if Ascend, Salk, Aperion et al have anything to worry about....

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Those looks great. I'm assuming the 2x8" woofers at the bass are unpowered? W/O specs, I'd lean towards a 3 pack for matching LCR with one of SVS's great subs instead, but I bet they'll be some tower folks who will be all over them.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Interesting they mention final voicing. IIRC Phil Bamberg doesn't subscribe to this, so I'm assuming they had a change in designer from the S and M series.

Will definitely be interesting to see how they pan out. Do they have an efficiency spec out yet? That ultra tower could be really interesting if they optimize it for output in conjunction with subwoofers.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Can't wait to see and hear them at RMAF on Sunday!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Ruh roh, somebody needs to re-write the $6000 2 Channel post.... I think there's an additional $201 to be spent on Rush media!

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
With those 8 inch drivers near the bottom of the towers, I'm guessing these may not work well in a tight space. I only have 4 inches between my stand & speakers now.
May be a good excuse to re arrange the furniture.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Wouldn't those 8 inch woofers be kinda useless if you're crossing them over at 80 hz to subs?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Those look really nice. Like others, I'll wait and see how they stack up against some of the other options out there.

Btw, am I the only one thinking, "it's about effing time!"? :D I've been waiting for their top-end speaker series to come out for...hmmm...five years now?

Matt34

Matt34

Nice!

That $2k floorstander roster just got a little bit deeper.

Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL

Junior Audioholic
Wonder what they gonna cost lol probably can't afford them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis