SVS Ultra 16 Subwoofers

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I hear this guy wants a bigger sub now too. :)
What, is he going to dig a slot vent to China and use the entire earth as a transmission line? I mean, really how far can he take this?

DJ

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
What, is he going to dig a slot vent to China and use the entire earth as a transmission line? I mean, really how far can he take this?
DJ
Speaking of sub-mania, can you really call your system a minimalist 2.2 with Dual Seaton F-18+'s?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I think I will do their trade up program.
The trade up program was a "no-go" for me. My sub was just out of the 100% buy back window so I would only get 75% cost back. While I find this very fair, I just don't need a bigger sub that bad.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
The trade up program was a "no-go" for me. My sub was just out of the 100% buy back window so I would only get 75% cost back. While I find this very fair, I just don't need a bigger sub that bad.

Bummer :(.

DJ

mwoltmann

mwoltmann

Enthusiast
I have owned SVS but to me I like my JL Audio sub Gotham V2. It literally blows the doors off SVS

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I have owned SVS but to me I like my JL Audio sub Gotham V2. It literally blows the doors off SVS
JL was in the running, but I couldn't justify the $/performance difference between them and the Seatons. I got pretty much all the way there for a fraction of what a pair of Gothams would have cost me. Competition is sooooo cool ;).

DJ

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Which SVS vs which JL V2 (G213?)? Can't imagine they compare in value. DIY generally blows doors off JL for far less (and not using JL drivers).

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Come folks, I keep reading this sub blows the doors off of that sub. Where do we hit the point of diminishing returns? If I spend $11, 000 on a subwoofer, then no other sub should be able to exceed it's performance within the threshold of human hearing and practical application.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Come folks, I keep reading this sub blows the doors off of that sub. Where do we hit the point of diminishing returns? If I spend $11, 000 on a subwoofer, then no other sub should be able to exceed it's performance within the threshold of human hearing and practical application.
The JL Audio subs are not only about performance. In fact, I wouldn't expect that much from a G213 Gotham, relative to the price. The Gotham is about aesthetics, performance for the footprint, calibration tools like the ARO system, and all kinds of features. If you want raw performance for the dollar, JL Audio is not the brand you want to be looking at.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
The JL Audio subs are not only about performance. In fact, I wouldn't expect that much from a G213 Gotham, relative to the price. The Gotham is about aesthetics, performance for the footprint, calibration tools like the ARO system, and all kinds of features. If you want raw performance for the dollar, JL Audio is not the brand you want to be looking at.
You forgot 'bragging rights'.

DJ

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis