K

kode3

Enthusiast
I just purchased a new SVS 20-39 PC+. I hope it's as good as I hear. I have bought and returned two subs already, a REL Strata, and a Def Tech SuperCube 1. Wish me luck :)

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
I think that your SVS is going to be a keeper; they're impressive and the price is right! If you have any termites in your floor or walls, say 'good-bye' to them; the SVS will rattle 'em out of their crevices forever :D .

What did you not like about the other subs?

-GeorgeM

P.S. Nice DVD collection. I've got about half of those...

K

kode3

Enthusiast
GeorgeM said:
I think that your SVS is going to be a keeper; they're impressive and the price is right! If you have any termites in your floor or walls, say 'good-bye' to them; the SVS will rattle 'em out of their crevices forever :D .

What did you not like about the other subs?

-GeorgeM

P.S. Nice DVD collection. I've got about half of those...
I really hope so :) The REL Strata was great for music, but movies really made it unhappy. The Def Tech SuperCube 1 was only good for movies; music was too boomy and unclear. Not to mention the 500 dollar price difference between them an SVS. :mad:

Thanks for the complements on my DVD's :)

Last edited:
D

dmoss

Junior Audioholic
Can't find any info on the SVS Subwoofers . Who sells them and do they go by another name. How would they compare to the Paradigm Seismic 12 or the Sunfire True Subwoofer EQ?

D

dmoss

Junior Audioholic
I have doing a lot of reading on the SVS Subwoofers and have also been looking (at the suggestions of other) at the HSU Subwoofers. The VTF-3 and the SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer. While the SVS is more expensive $ 1299 Delivered vs the HSU $899 Delivered, the SVS seems to be of a quality more inline with what I am doing. The TN1220 Looks good but I am stacking things up now. RX-V2400, Equalizer, DMR e80h DVD Recorder, Sony MD, Yamaha 5 CD changer, AT2505 Amp. Not sure where I would put the additional amp for the sub. I wonder how much difference there really is between the SVS PB2-Plus and the HSU TN1220.

F

frostbyte

Verdict

What is the verdict on the SVS? How does it compare? I hear lots of great things about them.

U

Unregistered

1st time SVS 20-39PCi user experience..

I'm pretty much used to very loud PA equipment and quality speakers from my sound engineering days and my friends almost lucrative PA business, but lemme tell ya, one doesn't realize how used they are to the crap store bought HT subs until you replace it with one of these suckers. The funny thing is when my friend and I first listened to it it seemed very quiet. This was due to the lack of distortion I was used to. Also it was cranking out so much bass (had the gain turned up to over 1/2 way) that it made all the other speakers difficult to hear due to the amount of bass under 30Hz I was not used to hearing in the house. It's amazing how little attention the sub draws to itself. After it was dialed in its truly incredebly how flat the frequency response is down to 20Hz. This isn't something that you just have for bragging rights, its a real difference you can feel and hear. Lots of folks will tell ya that having a sub capable of producing 20Hz at real volumes is a waste of time for music but that is not true. Lots of rock bands are using 5 and 6 string bass guitars that are tuned low which can reach way way below 30Hz. Also any type of music that uses entruments like piano or bass violin etc can really benefit from this. Folks its just fantastic what this sub does for the price. It has fantastic extention, great frequency response, VERY low distortion, and very good transient response to boot. It is on par with a lot of more expensive servo type subs (Velodyne). You just can't go wrong with it. Bottom line get one and you can feel that you got more than your money's worth. PS for a large room (500+ square feet) you might think about going up to the plus version for the additional volume.

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
Good information that you've furnished! As you have stated, it's amazing the amount of 'noise' that disappears and the purer the sound once you advance to a quality sub.

I've had an SVS PC-Ultra and now have a 140-pound SVS PB2-Plus; an impressive piece of gear if you can physically accomodate it. Here's a link to it for anyone that may be interested:

http://svsubwoofers.com/subs_pb2_plus.htm

-GeorgeM

M

Mattlock

Enthusiast
I justed received my SVS PB-12 today...I have it in a 13x23x8.5 room, home theater, celing projector, Denon AVR2105 receiver, Paradigm speakers and I can only say one thing about the SVS...... UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! The sub weights 85lbs and it produces tight...deep...incredible sounds.... I have it in the back of the room and it seems like it shakes the whole freaking house (all 4300 square feet) Watching LOTR return of the king...final battle scenes...unbelievable!!!!!

Great Service..I talked to the co-founder..he answered the phone one day and was very helpful. He went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out.

Highly recommend

Mattlock

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis