SVS Shipping Delays...Other Options?

9f9c7z

Banned
Dealing with SV Subwoofers has been an absolute nightmare. I had ordered a 12” Ultra subwoofer in a cabinet. Can someone that has heard the 12-inch SV subwoofer (regular or Ultra) recommend a comparable subwoofer?

Edit: In all fairness, after 66 replies (and counting) the poster has yet to state what the supposed "nightmare" is. Inquiring minds want to know - Admin

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Hsu STF-3 series is similar in price and performance. Might also check out the Outlaw LFM-1.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Hello
You may want to wait a few days a little voice told me that there will be a review of a 15" subwoofer here at A/H that you will be interested in ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
9f9c7z said:
Dealing with SV Subwoofers has been an absolute nightmare. ?

What kind of problems are you having with SV? Customer service or you just don't like the sub?

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
SVS was very helpful when I ordered my CS20-39+ subs from them. They answered many questions for me, shipping was fast and subs were packaged very well. Are you dealing with Steve or Ron? I can't believe they wouldn't bend over backwards to help someone. I wouldn't trade my SVS subs for anything.

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
Ive said it before and I'll say it again--------TRIAD
http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/irgps.html

The Gold power Sub in basic finish is $1500 retail, 15" cone , 250 watt amp. For an addition charge you can get a rack mount amp.

The Platinum sub is a few dollars more with an 18" cone, 500 watt amp.
Triads are available in premium and custom finishes. (Sorry I don't have my price book with so I don't have the Pltinum price.)
If you don't have a dealer close by I might be able to help.

R

Ron Stimpson

Manufacturer
9f9,

I'm very sorry if your order, or anything really, was a "nightmare" with SVS. We're on line 7 days a week, on the phones long hours too, all in an effort to be very reponsive to any question or concern. We have had difficulty staying ahead of demand on SVS's with the TV-12 Ultra woofer certainly; so if you got caught up in a backlog maybe, I can just say you are not alone and we're pulling out all the stops to take care of customers as quick as we can.

If there was ANY other problem, please feel free to e-mail me directly. or just describe what happened here. Even if you order another brand I'd like to to hear what it was that caused you grief and we'll endeavor to eliminate this problem. You don't get more direct to the heart of responsibility on any failed SVS customer than that.

We feel the PB12-Ultra, the PB12-Ultra/2 and PC-Ultra are quite without peers in their respective price class in both subjective and objective realms (though the former is clearly much harder to validate). There are certainly lots of other choices out there that might work well for you so best of luck finding a sub, SVS or no.

Sincerely,

Ron Stimpson
SVS Co-Founder
rons@svsubwoofers.com

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
9f9c7z said:
Dealing with SV Subwoofers has been an absolute nightmare. I had ordered a 12” Ultra subwoofer in a cabinet. Can someone that has heard the 12-inch SV subwoofer (regular or Ultra) recommend a comparable subwoofer?
Is that the "nightmare"? you want a product that's so highly in demand that they can't keep up production? I'm not sure if I wold want to go with another product.

hey, and look at that. I have a hard time beliving a vendor is going to intentionally cause nightmares and then create a new account on a message board to inform their potential customers as to what happened. Seems a bit odd.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Why is it I can't find a " TV-12 Ultra" subwoofer, anywhere on their (SVS) website?

Is that a typo, on Ron's part?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I've gotta agree with Ducker here. You want a product that is so hot the manufacturer can't keep it in stock. This happens all over the place, in most industries on the planet. So what you're saying is, "SVS is a nightmare because they undrestimated consumer demand."? Or are you saying, "SVS makes such good products and does so much business that they had the audacity to put me on a waiting list for a product I want now."? I've got to admit that this is the first time I've seen an owner of the company whose sole injustice seems to be that he is too busy engineering fine products and responding to fan letters offer an apology and good wishes to someone making a complaint for no good reason. In his place my only offer would be a tea bag. And not the tasty kind from Tetly.

Kudos to Ron for his reply. I wouldn't have bothered at all, the fact that you did speaks volumes for your company. Now get a distributor for Canada or I want an apology letter too. J/K

Edit: Ok, on a second read of my post I'm being harsh. It just seems like the original poster is being harsh as well. If they will better explain the term nightmare I'll switch that tea bag to a Tetly. It just doesn't seem fair to slam a company without an explanition, especially when that company goes out of their way to provide such good service. The poster is well within their rights to request info on alternative subs, and that is the question after all. If I offend them I am very close to apologizing.

Last edited:
S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
TjMV3 said:
Why is it I can't find a " TV-12 Ultra" subwoofer, anywhere on their (SVS) website?

Is that a typo, on Ron's part?
The TV-12 Ultra is the driver that is in the PB12-Ultra, the PB12-Ultra/2, and PC-Ultra subwoofers.

J

jr5

Enthusiast
Dealership in Canada? That is f'n awesome! Now if only Ron could stop making stupid and pompous statements such as "the PB12-Ultra, the PB12-Ultra/2 and PC-Ultra are quite without peers in their respective price class in both subjective and objective realms", then all would be good. It just sounds so wrong, since we all know that other companies make decent stuff too, depending on the application.
jr5

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Forgot the Axiom EP500, thats around $1200 and a DSP model to boot!

Now if only the "coming soon" review on Audioholics wasn't swept under the rug months ago............

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
jr5 said:
Dealership in Canada? That is f'n awesome! Now if only Ron could stop making stupid and pompous statements such as "the PB12-Ultra, the PB12-Ultra/2 and PC-Ultra are quite without peers in their respective price class in both subjective and objective realms", then all would be good. It just sounds so wrong, since we all know that other companies make decent stuff too, depending on the application.
jr5

Hm, I would expect a HSU rep to make similar comments about their product. If you don't believe in your product why are you pushing it???

Like all things in this arena... it's up to the listeners ear and taste to determine what they believe is the better sounding product.
(see b0s3)

J

jr5

Enthusiast
Why would a HSU rep make a comment of "my product is without peer subjective or objective"? Why would anyone make that comment? That just sounds do dumb. Subjective is subjective for a reason. Otherwise no other speaker companies would exist. By goodness, close that mouth Ron and let your product do the talking, it is good enough (and now I am sounding like your father :eek: )
jr5

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
jr5 said:
Why would a HSU rep make a comment of "my product is without peer subjective or objective"? Why would anyone make that comment? That just sounds do dumb. Subjective is subjective for a reason. Otherwise no other speaker companies would exist.
jr5
Dude, relax!

He said that they "felt" their sub had no peers in their class. What do you expect him to say? Everyone can have an opinion and why not promote your company while your at it.

"stupid and pompous" seems a little harsh for someone who is trying to help another out.

I think it's great that he actually responded and tried to help.

Shinerman

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Now if only the "coming soon" review on Audioholics wasn't swept under the rug months ago............
As your sweeping my rug, I am 10 pages into the review. Stay tuned :rolleyes:

J

jr5

Enthusiast
It just makes SVS look bad, that's why I object to it. It's like marketing suicide. You apologize for something, realize your guy looking to jump ship, and then you tell the guy that he won't find anything nearly as good subjective or objective at the price backed up with no facts either. It can make some people feel guilty if they want to jump ship and that all other products are inferior in comparison when many are really not. It had no place being in there. The product is good enough to do the talk, let it be.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis