SVS PB 2000 vs HSU VTF -2 MK5

J

Jackwagon

Audiophyte
I'm somewhat of a beginner to the audiophile life and I'm not up to par on my technical understanding of acoustics.
All I know is a love music and movies and I want the best sound possible without spending a fortune.

So my current setup is 2 synergy f-30 klipsch tower speakers 1 klipsch synergy C1 center channel all run through a Marantz SR6007 reciever. Overall I'm pleased with the quality of sound I'm getting just lacking in the bass department. So to aleviate this void I'm thinking of purchasing one of these two subs but I'm torn between them. My question is which would blend better with what I have as well as give me some heart pounding bass.

My room is roughly 3000 cubic feet but is semi open to the kitchen which adds another 1500 to the mix, I say semi because it's divided by an L shaped wall. Everything is tile as well with one large area rug in the livingroom.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Both would be very good. The PB2000 will have a bit more deep bass, and the VTF-2 will have a bit more mid-bass. Either will blend nicely with your speakers. You can't lose with either one.

J

Jackwagon

Audiophyte
Is it be possible to tune the HSU to hit harder on the low end to make up the difference or is that beyond its abilities?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Is it be possible to tune the HSU to hit harder on the low end to make up the difference or is that beyond its abilities?
The Hsu sub has variable tuning. Run it one port open with the amp set on its EQ1 setting for deepest extension.

The SVS is the stronger sub by 3 or 4 dB at the deepest frequencies, but it is also $200 more expensive than the Hsu. If you could bump your budget up another $73, the VTF-3 MK5 for $872 on its St. Patrick's Day sale would be as much stronger than the PB-2000 as the PB-2000 is stronger than the VTF-2 MK5.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
As folks have already said and you will get more bang for buck with the HSU, but SVS will dig deeper.

J

Jackwagon

Audiophyte
I decided to go with the PB2000. It matches my current speakers well and if I don't like it I can always send it back and get the other. Thanks to all for the help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis