SVS NSD line vs Paradigm DSP-3400....

E

etecnifibre

Junior Audioholic
I can get a brand new Paradigm DSP 3400 for around 800 bucks, and am wondering if these two subs have been compared by anyone? I'm getting some Monitor 9's in a week or so, and the guys at the shop are gonna come out and run the Paradigm perfect bass kit on my system. I've read a lot about SVS, but just want this specific input.

E

etecnifibre

Junior Audioholic
OK, stopped in at the Paradigm dealer today and was not impressed at all with the DSP3200. I might need to go with something a little higher end.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Call SVS and ask them for a recommendation for your room. See what they say you will need.

E

etecnifibre

Junior Audioholic
I can get a Sub12 from the Paradigm Studio line for $1590, taxes, everything. How does that sound? The SVS will run me close to that for the Plus line.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
For that price, why not dual Epik Legends? Great sounding, deep extension, and high output.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Look at the new Hsu Research VTF-15H which just came out on Saturday. If Hsu's measurements are right, it would be competitive in output with Paradigms Sub15 while costing a fraction of it's price. It looks like it would also outperform SVS's Plus line, and dual Legends would be badly outmatched by it while being equal in price.

E

etecnifibre

Junior Audioholic
I know this thread is a little old now, but ended up with SA-35 in walls, CC690 and a Sub12 with 3 more Paradigm speakers in the rear. The Sub12 is the cleanest bass I've ever heard. I'm old with old, beat up hearing, so take that with a grain of salt, but it sounds amazing. My 12 year old son with his hip-hop iPod, I have to pry him away so I can watch TV.

Matt34

Matt34

I know this thread is a little old now, but ended up with SA-35 in walls, CC690 and a Sub12 with 3 more Paradigm speakers in the rear. The Sub12 is the cleanest bass I've ever heard. I'm old with old, beat up hearing, so take that with a grain of salt, but it sounds amazing. My 12 year old son with his hip-hop iPod, I have to pry him away so I can watch TV.
Congrats! Sounds like a very impressive system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis