SVS finally gets street cred courtesy of Wally-world!

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
It may not be sold by Walmart. The Walmart site allows third party vendors to sell there in the same way Amazon does.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
If it's good enough for Walmart....it's NOT good enough for me! :eek:

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
If it's good enough for Walmart....it's NOT good enough for me! :eek:
I have the same problem. Of course sound comes first, but other things matter as well. I doubt people here will appreciate this point of view, but for the same reason I can't buy myself a painting in IKEA, I can't buy my electronics in stores like Walmart. Somehow, I simply don't want my living room shelve to resemble the one in huge shopping mall electronics department. And this is really a problem because some good brands are being sold this way.

killdozzer

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
That means that Walmart has a strong rating on your favored search engine.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That means that Walmart has a strong rating on your favored search engine.
Probably not. It was a sponsored link. On the other hand, I guess paying for ad space makes them favored, but not in a surreptitious way. Google is the search engine, but I bet Wal-mart has a presence in all of the major search engines.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
And to all you Walmart haters, you'll be happy to hear I saw on the news they are closing a bunch of stores... and firing 10,000 people.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
The internet is putting a lot of retailers out of business. It is also killing newspapers, travel agents and a host of other businesses.

R

Russell Weathers

Audiophyte
Yeah, they closed my Walmart down. I have to go back to the local guy now and he is expensive.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I bought a Sherwood receiver and a Sony subwoofer from Walmart online. The shipping was free, and the price was better than Amazon.com or anywhere else I could find. I am quite happy with them. Peace and goodwill.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
And to all you Walmart haters, you'll be happy to hear I saw on the news they are closing a bunch of stores... and firing 10,000 people.
As I understand it, it's not a decision based of necessity though. It's more of a "we think we could make more money if we re-allocate our resources" (and it's 14,000 people last I knew).

It's not a panicked store closing they're doing, it's a management of company resources through methodical calculation, which kind of makes it feel a bit worse since some of the stores they're closing probably don't necessitate being closed at all.

They announced they'll be closing 269 stores and throughout the course of 2016 they will open some 300 or more stores including Walmart Neighborhood Market stores instead of just opening a supermarket where it may not suite the demographic.

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I bought a Sherwood receiver and a Sony subwoofer from Walmart online. The shipping was free, and the price was better than Amazon.com or anywhere else I could find. I am quite happy with them. Peace and goodwill.
People buy HDTV's all time from Walmart.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Typical of many successful businesses. Adapt to change, or die.
To some people, that "change" means higher wages, more vacations, free health care, free education, higher priced suppliers, union dues to support liberal politicians, and guaranteed jobs for life.

That's why Bernie is a politician, not a businessman.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis