SVS and Their Marketing Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.
furrycute

furrycute

Banned
In these last few years, the subwoofer forum on Audioholics have been flooded with these so called SVS "recommendations." So out of curiosity, I decided to do a little investigative work.

Lo and behold, I found this thread, posted by our very own Audioholics staff member. Please click on the following link.

The Truth about SVS Revealed

Over the weekend, I posted the above link in two SVS related threads on this forum. And ever since, I have been maliciously attacked. I have been labeled as a lunatic, a psychopath, and worse.

It seems that the SVS marketing people cannot attack my message, so they resort to attacking the messenger, me.

And I just received a PM from member mazersteven, telling me that "my days are numbered." Does this mean that mazersteven has now become SVS's new hitman? Has SVS now resorted to scare tactics to silence their critics? Then SVS has just sunken to a new LOW.

I really feel that SVS's business practices are getting out of control, and are in flagrant violation of Audioholics' posting policies.

I feel compelled to bring this information to light in a new thread. So everyone can see the REAL FACE of SVS.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Please note the following:

We like their products and continute to believe they make some of the cheapest subs out there with a good "bang for the buck" factor. Regardless of not allowing them to advertise, this has nothing to do with them as a manuafacturer.
Perhaps the same factors that make the Audioholics administrators like SVS products is the same reason owners continue to recommend them. The guerilla marketing campaign related to that thread is over. All SVS employees have been banned from the site about a year ago as far as we know. I have no affiliation with SVS, but as an owner I will heartily recommend the product. That does not make me part of a conspiracy.

Matt34

Matt34

In these last few years, the subwoofer forum on Audioholics have been flooded with these so called SVS "recommendations." So out of curiosity, I decided to do a little investigative work.

Lo and behold, I found this thread, posted by our very own Audioholics staff member. Please click on the following link.

Over the weekend, I posted the above link in two SVS related threads on this forum. And ever since, I have been maliciously attacked. I have been labeled as a lunatic, a psychopath, and worse.

It seems that the SVS marketing people cannot attack my message, so they resort to attacking the messenger, me.

And I just received a PM from member mazersteven, telling me that "my days are numbered." Does this mean that mazersteven has now become SVS's new hitman? Has SVS now resorted to scare tactics to silence their critics? Then SVS has just sunken to a new LOW.

I really feel that SVS's business practices are getting out of control, and are in flagrant violation of Audioholics' posting policies.

I feel compelled to bring this information to light in a new thread. So everyone can see the REAL FACE of SVS.

Mazer doesn't work for SVS, plain and simple.

Most members here know about that incident so your really bringing nothing new to light.

People will continue to recommend SVS subs and guess what, 99.9% of them DON'T work for SVS! So please take off the tin-foil hat. As long as they do it within forum rules they are fine.

Put it in your sig, I don't care but do not disrupt or otherwise ruin perfectly good threads with you personal crusade.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
furrycute,

I don't think any of those people actually work for SVS, I think they are just big fans of their products. I was suspicious too, actually. I've come to the conclusion you have a lot of SVS owners from before, which are recommending new owners, and when you get a group of people that own the same stuff they are going to heavily promote it. It's like that with cars, boats, wine or whatever else. You should of seen the two hate messages I got for questioning Emotiva's quality and understaffed customer service when two members were stuggling with them. I mean HATE message, haha, and my intentions were purely good hearted! But, you gotta shrug it off bro. Just ignore the over-the-top people and enjoy the many who aren't nutbags. There are some really nice people on this forum, who recommend a wide range of products!

No worries man!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Put it in your sig, I don't care but do not disrupt or otherwise ruin perfectly good threads with you personal crusade.
And Furry. This is the reason your days will be numbered. The negativity you've been bringing to the forum as of late is inexcusable.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
SVS is only guilty of being too responsive to people.

I allways thought it was kind of cool for SVS to respond to formum discussions involving their product. It is good marketing but it also meant they cared enough about their image to address peoples issues and their posts were generally informative. Often they would offer a solution to someone who encountered a problem, even up to returning a subwoofer for a new one. I saw a couple of threads where other companies responded with clarification of a discussion and they were useful too. SVS was just more thorough and had a greater presence than other companies. I tend to believe SVS always identified themselves as SVS employees (or owner) and nothing insidious or malicious was involved. You knew who they were and you could judge their comments for yourself. SVS at least delivers honest "as advertised" products and services as compared to the marketing of that well known "technology" company Bos*. I think banning SVS was a detriment to the forums.

majorloser

majorloser

Let's not drag this issue up again. Please let the past be forgotten and move on. In this thread and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis