SVS 2000 Series Subwoofers

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
The SB-2000 is very impressive! AH review please, pretty please :).

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
What's with the new grill design? Yes I'm being superficial. :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not too fond of the looks of the new grilles to be honest. They look like 8-bit dot matrix. I'd probably leave it off anyway :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Ditto; they also appear under the ported & sealed sub categories now, and the old NSDs are gone.
Weird!

I saw all that earlier, but now I don't. I'm guessing my computer must be pulling up a cached page.

edit:
Works fine on IE, not on FF.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i'm liking the SB2000 as well. seems to be a "baby SB13" looking at the specs.
i haven't had the time to listen to them yet.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I wish they weren't getting rid of the sb12, one of my favorites, this would be a good replacement except no piano finish and no high pass outputs :( , they should have made it at least have the same features as the sb12, sure digging a couple hz lower and getting a db or so more output is nice, BUT them high pass outs are really nice for 2 ch audio systems and the piano is much classier than the black wood.... Im gonna miss the sb12's, good thing I already own a couple...:D and I have to say for music the output and how deep the sb12s dig is MORE than you will ever need to match a pair of 250-300 watt 90db sens mains...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The high passed outputs are still there on the 2000s. The output increase is a big benefit for the 2000s too, that was a weak point for the NSDs. Hopefully Josh Ricci gets his grubby hands on these. It's a shame he was never sent the 1000s. I wish audioholics would have more of the lower budget subs measured.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
The high passed outputs are still there on the 2000s. The output increase is a big benefit for the 2000s too, that was a weak point for the NSDs. Hopefully Josh Ricci gets his grubby hands on these. It's a shame he was never sent the 1000s. I wish audioholics would have more of the lower budget subs measured.
I didn't see them in the pics? am I missing something? I see the line level and the lfe but no 80hz high pass outputs like my sb12's have

heres the sb12

SO if it does have the high pass they just need some better finish options, for a nice 2.2 music system I just don't want black vinyl, either veneer or piano... I like the sb1000 also and I think having it so close to the sb12 was indeed a waste but offer one in a good finish with high pass outputs... And like I said the output is not important to me, its not HT its music and the dual sb12's I have will easily drown out my csb1s with 200w each, they also have no trouble surpassing the output of my jade 5's which get loud fast.. So for music you don't need much output, I like the low end strong but not unnaturally balanced, just a little hot to fill larger rooms and that doesnt take much I think a nice 10-15" 100-250watt sub would do more than enough, so the sb12s were great...

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's right there. From SVS' product page:
  • Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
It's right there. From SVS' product page:
thanks, I didn't read the specs page, I thought them were regular full range outs, I didn't know the sb1000 has fixed -12 @ 80's too, very good to know... I wonder how many people tried to daisy chain them and got no output out of the second sub..

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
thanks, I didn't read the specs page, I thought them were regular full range outs, I didn't know the sb1000 has fixed -12 @ 80's too, very good to know... I wonder how many people tried to daisy chain them and got no output out of the second sub..

Yeah, I don't know why it's a fixed filter, I wouldn't think it would take much to make a switch for full range output what with a DSP on board.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I don't know why it's a fixed filter, I wouldn't think it would take much to make a switch for full range output what with a DSP on board.
I honestly would have bought the sb1000 if it came in piano when I bought my sb12's, they have piano white, but no black? And its an additional $100 which is a lot for a finish upgrade on a 14" cube... Ed Mullen gave me a great deal on my pair of piano nsd's, I think it was $1100 shipped, which I feel is a lot of sub for a little over a thousand bucks... To me the sb1000 is a go to music 2.2 sub system for $950, I am going to play with the sb2000's but Ill bet there is no huge difference in music, although now it looks like the sb2000 will be a good contender for someone who wants a nice HT set {in dual drive of course}...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis