Svs 13 Ultra Ported vs Dual Svs SB2000

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Good afternoon family! Hope everyone is doing good. My question is, I have SVS Ultra 13 ported. I want to get rid of it and get dual SVS SB200 sealed. Will I get the same response?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
No, you will not get the same response. Dual SB-2000s can smooth out the room response a bit more, but it will have nothing like the deep bass ability of a ported 13 Ultra.

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
No, you will not get the same response. Dual SB-2000s can smooth out the room response a bit more, but it will have nothing like the deep bass ability of a ported 13 Ultra.
Thank you

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The dual subs may actually work better in terms of smoothing response which could offset the deep bass response capabilities in the PB13U (if you even use the subs at such a level where that makes a difference). What size room is this? Primary use movies? music?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nope. Depending on the size of the room, is say that would be a step backward. Duals can be better over multiple seats, but with proper placement and setup, a single sub can also yield a good response. Poor integration of duals can actually be worse than a single, so there are no guarantees. I have direct experience with sb2k and it's great for a small sealed sub, but you'll regret losing the ultra.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis