Surround Speaker and Sub Suggestions

W

wdgibby

Audiophyte
Finally trying to put together a system that didn't come in a box. I was on a fairly limited budget but here is what I have so far.

Samsung UN55C7000
Samsung BluRay Player (unsure of model #, purchased last Christmas)
Denon AVR 1911
Klipsch Icon VF-36
Klipsch VC-25 Center

Should I just add the Klipsch Icon Series Surrounds(VS-14)? It doesn't seem that reviews have been very highly of them. What other rears should I consider for that price range (200-400)?

Also any suggestions on a good sub to go with this system? This is the first "real" stereo I'm attempting to put together, any help is greatly appreciated.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Finally trying to put together a system that didn't come in a box. I was on a fairly limited budget but here is what I have so far.

Samsung UN55C7000
Samsung BluRay Player (unsure of model #, purchased last Christmas)
Denon AVR 1911
Klipsch Icon VF-36
Klipsch VC-25 Center

Should I just add the Klipsch Icon Series Surrounds(VS-14)? It doesn't seem that reviews have been very highly of them. What other rears should I consider for that price range (200-400)?

Also any suggestions on a good sub to go with this system? This is the first "real" stereo I'm attempting to put together, any help is greatly appreciated.
How much do you plan to spend on a sub? The surrounds receive
less information than the front channels. Klipsch Vs-14 surrounds
will do. Klipsch is a love or hate thing - not much middle ground.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
If you're only going with 5.1 and depending on how your area is set up, you may also consider the VB-15s.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Sub - Lavasubs makes some nice budget subs
Surround - 2 x behringer 2030P

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I use the Klipsch Reference Sreies RC-62 II for center and the RS3 II for rears. I looking at upgrading my subs from 2, Klipsch Synergy Sub 12" 300/650 watt BASH amp(good starter subs), to a SVS PB13 Ultra 1000 watt amp.

bread29

bread29

Junior Audioholic
I too, am a Klipsch fan and have the same Icon fronts and center speaker. I went with the VB-15's as surround speakers and they work very well with both audio and movies. For the sub, I recommend Hsu. I upgraded from the Klipsch Sub-10 to the VTF-3 MK3 and matching MBM-12.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis