Bodymechanic

Bodymechanic

Junior Audioholic
What are the real benefits to superbit? I have never purchased one and they are getting pretty hard to come by. If I could only own one; which should it be??

Thanks

R

RMK!

Bodymechanic said:
What are the real benefits to superbit? I have never purchased one and they are getting pretty hard to come by. If I could only own one; which should it be??

Thanks
If you have a Best Buy near you I would suggest the S/B version of The Fifth Element ($9.95). Nice looking film and great sound.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The benefit is generally the best looking video and in nearly all cases a DTS track. However, in many cases there are few or no extra features on these discs because they used the highest quality audio and video for these releases. Some like the Fifth Element have extra discs with the extras on them.

The Fifth Element doesn't really look much better (it already looked great) and the DTS track wasn't a gigantic improvement over the previous release. If you're going to get it, get the Ultimate Edition :)

Do a search here, I believe there was a big thread on SB already.

Last edited:
DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Along with the 5th Element as first choice, Spiderman 2 is pretty nice for both DTS and picture.

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
yea there are some adv and disadv. they are cheap all have dts and have no special features so there is not compression on the video therefor no quality loss. the only disadv is the no special features but if you are like my you dont watch them anyways but yes pick one up at bb and try it out you wont be disappointed

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
FierceTIMbo17 said:
.... so there is not compression on the video therefor no quality loss.
There is still compression, just a little less aggressive. BTW most of the Studio Digital Masters are over 1TB, and thats just the video, no audio.

cheers:)

B

bruceh

Junior Audioholic
Best Titles

Check out Lawrence of Arabia - great definition and detail! Spiderman's are pretty good too. Wasn't too impressed with The Patriot, but I need to watch it again.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bram Stoker's Dracula was a big improvement over the former release, both in sound and video quality. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon also has excellent video quality and a very good Chinese DTS track. With the Dark Crystal, the color seems better, but it wasn't an extremely noticable improvement. Resident Evil looked pretty good too, and the sound was excellent.

ironlung

ironlung

Banned
Don't listen to these guys. The regular version is good enough. Sharp picture and sound are overrated.

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
ironlung said:
Don't listen to these guys. The regular version is good enough. Sharp picture and sound are overrated.
Thats a joke right?

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
The Das Boot SB is an excellent candidate. I'm not sure if Sony is still pushing Superbit or not.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
There is still compression, just a little less aggressive. BTW most of the Studio Digital Masters are over 1TB, and thats just the video, no audio.
1 terabyte eh, well then I cannot wait for the holographic Versitile Disc to become the next great format: Capacity-3.9 terabytes.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis