Suggestions wanted on Subwoofer/Receiver

B

BadgerAVS

Audioholic Intern
I have now amassed the Andrew Jones Pioneer system sans the subwoofer for $258 via craigslist and Walmart. I'm hoping that is a good steal especially since they all are working beautiful (the Bookshelfs have yet to arrive but they will be brand new from Walmart)

Any how, I will be going through the craigslist ads to find a subwoofer/receiver now and will eventually compile a list of prospective buys but if you guys could help narrow the search by recommending brands to steer clear of and those to seek out, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I think you should provide more information. Things like budget, listening preferences. They guys will have a tough time guessing.

B

BadgerAVS

Audioholic Intern
Denon AV Receiver AVR-2309CI HDMI, HD, 1080p, Audyssey Denon-AVR 2309CI for $199 OBO

Yamaha HTR-5730 Receiver Yamaha HTR-5730 for $100 OBO

Polk & JVC subwoofers, Pioneer & Denon receivers There are four models in here, two AVRs and two SWs.

If anyone could help pick out what the best purchase for me would be, that would be awesome. Some need information would be that this system will be used in a college house and will include the Pioneer Andrew Jones Bookshelves, Towers and Center Channel. The display will be a Panasonic P50-GT30 and will be used to play music (FLAC files), Blu-rays and to play PS3 games/PS4 when released. Just need help finding the right SW and AVR!

B

BadgerAVS

Audioholic Intern
Well that is pretty damn convenient, didn't know that the craigslist ads would change to their post titles!

E

espanarules

Audioholic Intern
Premier Acoustic PA-120...you can bring the price down to $229 on ebay....

B

BadgerAVS

Audioholic Intern
I e-mailed the guy about the 2309CI!

Of these 3 SWs, which would be most recommended?

Velodyne S-1200-B velodyne powered sub woofer
Paradigm PDR 10 Powered Subwoofer
Jamo SW410E subwoofer

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I e-mailed the guy about the 2309CI!

Of these 3 SWs, which would be most recommended?

Velodyne S-1200-B velodyne powered sub woofer
Paradigm PDR 10 Powered Subwoofer
Jamo SW410E subwoofer
The sub I suggested is more powerful. 170 + free shipping win win

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis