Suggestions help Opinions

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Any suggestions on a good speaker under 1200 a pair. Floor speaker
I have Klipsch RF82's. They are very clear and the low end is good. Mids and Highs are to harsh. Don't like this so I am in search for very good music only speakers. Please help. Any suggestions. Really want a very good speaker.
I listen to all types of music except rap, county and POP...
EMP?
Axiom
JBL
Jamo C607
Dali Lektor 8/6
KEF Q500, IQ90

Help
I have no HI-FI places any where close to me.....

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
The e55tis have a smooth sound to them from top to bottom. Bass might be a bit lean coming from Klipsch though.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Nice Boston speakers.
I just measured my room. Its 10x12 with a 6 foot walkway opening. 18 feet total long I guess. Are floor speakers too much. Should I go with book shelf speakers. I really don't want to use a sub if I don't have too. The Klipsch don't sound too big in here right now. Just hate them

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Nice Boston speakers.
I just measured my room. Its 10x12 with a 6 foot walkway opening. 18 feet total long I guess. Are floor speakers too much. Should I go with book shelf speakers. I really don't want to use a sub if I don't have too. The Klipsch don't sound too big in here right now. Just hate them
The Boston VS towers, need to be 3 ft away from the corners of the room,
and 18-24" from the back wall, for best overall sound.
The VS 260 bookshelf speakers have real good bass - however, not like
the towers. The VPS210 sub, will bring the bass down to around 30 hz >
-3 db for very good musical sound - and the sub is not real big. This is just
one option for you to think about.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/542388562/boston-acoustics-vs-260?s_c=site_search
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/549882235/boston-acoustics-vps210-black?s_c=site_search

Last edited:
N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
These if the sale doesn't go through, or the Vandersteen 1C.

Oh, or these (offer him $1200). :)

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
With all most a month of research and questions it's narrowed down to the Dali Lektor 8 and the EMP Tek e55ti.

Both get such good pro reviews and personal write ups.

Price is lower than all to at 799.00 a pair. The Dali is half price while the EMP is normal price.

Now to try and to pick which one. Wish I could no an in house of both.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Emo's. $1199, free shipping. I used to have Klipsch's also and there is no comparison.
ERT 8.3

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Forgot that I had it down to three

Add the Polk RTI A7

I can not find one single negative on this speaker and own a set of 10 year old RTI series that are still going strong in another room

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Nice. I plan on getting their pre amp and amp in the future to replace both my HK3490 and my Marantz pm8004
BTW, those towers are rated at 4ohms.

I'm in the process of building a home theater right now which will be done in February. So far I have 4 ERD's 1 for surround, ERT 8.3 for fronts, an ERM 6.3 for center and a UPA-7. I am going to get a pair of 6.2 for wide fronts, a another pair of ERD for front presence and an XPA-5 to run the center, fronts, and wides. I just haven't settled on a AVR, but Denon (4810CI) is probably going to be my choice.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
These speakers are for music only. Have ZERO plans for my HT set up since that was done a few years ago with all Klipsch RF speakers. My HT set up is great. Now just trying to sort out all the two channel stuff. It's very hard since I AM SO PICKY. The HT set up was a lot more forgiving to me in movies That system is powered by the huge Onlyo 805 receiver

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis