suggestion on Velodyne CHT-12 & JBL E250P

U

Unregistered

I'm looking to add a sub for a small home theater system. I'm looking at the Velodyne CHT-12 or the JBL E250 , both are 12" units with similar power (cht12-170wrms, E250 - 250wrms). Does anyone have any experience with either? I'd also appreciate anyones input who has listened to either or both.

R

Rÿche 1

Audioholic
I've always had Velodyne subs. Never felt let down yet. Never heard the JBL.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
I've always felt JBL works best for movies while Velodyne works just as well with movies and better for music. Hope that helps a bit.

J

Jeff Johnson

Enthusiast
Cht-12

I'm not very familiar with the JBL but I've had the Velodyne for almost two years and have been very pleased. I thought it was the best value in a subwoofer at $500 and it can now be found on the internet for about 1/2 of that since it has been discontinued. Now it really is a bargain.

C

cigarnscotch

Audiophyte
thanks for all you input

I'll be going with the Velodyne, I listend to both at a local store, the environment wasn't conducive to a good listening room but the velodyne seemed to be a little tighter. The weight difference is 20lbs between the two, so unless Velodyne includes a concrete block I've got to believe its built better. I'll know more when its in my living room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis