suddenly no audio INtegra 9.8

64met

64met

Audioholic
Yes while watching a movie the audio just stopped! Thinking it was the movie I FF and still no audio. I then checked every digital source; still no audio. I have video but no audio; which rules out a defective HDMI cable. I tried FM radio and my squeezbox which is connected analog- still no sound. I then unplugged the Integra- still no sound. Even stranger.... on the display where it shows the speakers and whether I am in 5.1/ 7.1 etc. The boxes are empty! What would cause this? Any ideas? I will call support today; but thought if anyone had any other suggestions? Thank you!

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Hi J**,

Check my PM in your PM box.
And let us know what was the problem, so we can use this as a future solution if this problem reoccur with other members. And do so, right here in this thread.
Thank you.

Bob

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I have no ideas but I would like to know for future reference.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Hopefully coming soon...

I have no ideas but I would like to know for future reference.
No response yet, but I'm sure that 64met will let us know.
The Integra DTC-9.8 is the equivalent of the Onkyo Pro PR-SC885P.

Hey Dave, do you own something similar? Oups! I guess so, after clicking on "Save" and reviewing your post with your own components, I saw that you own the exact same one as 64met!

Bob

64met

64met

Audioholic
Well after several very frustrating calls to tech support where they must b trained to say "call your dealer" sadly my 8 month old Integra will be going in for repair--- Get this: I am told 6 weeks minimum AND thats only if the part is in; WTF? So; Monday morning it goes in.... The only thing Tech Support indicated it might be is the HDMI board which is strange cause I get video on all sources; but no audio. I explained this several times to tech support and I got sounds like HDMI board. VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

64met

64met

Audioholic
Well after several very frustrating calls to tech support where they must b trained to say "call your dealer" sadly my 8 month old Integra will be going in for repair--- Get this: I am told 6 weeks minimum AND thats only if the part is in; WTF? So; Monday morning it goes in.... The only thing Tech Support indicated it might be is the HDMI board which is strange cause I get video on all sources; but no audio. I explained this several times to tech support and I got sounds like HDMI board. VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW... Failed to mention I did the reset feature as well--- nothing changes.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
About time!

BTW... Failed to mention I did the reset feature as well--- nothing changes.
Ahhh... Finally, what I was waiting for!

By the way, check your other thread for a suggestion on a temporary replacement.

Bob

P.S. The HDMI board not only contains the video processor and all, but also the HDMI audio relays.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
OH friggen NO. I went through this experience with my Integra. When they say 6 weeks, expect that to be a minimum. You should start looking around for a temp replacement, maybe a pawn shop receiver or something. My experience with Integra customer service suggests that they don't really care what happens to you or your equipment from this point on. I truly, honestly hate to say this, but unless your dealer can supply a replacement, this is not going to work out well for you on Integra's part.:mad:

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
That wasn't a joke. I had to rely on my TV's speakers for almost two months while Integra shipped a replacement DTC-9.8 on a slow boat from Malaysia.:mad:
Maybe it was not a joke, and for that I'm deeply sorry.

Now, is this one a joke or not, because I'm having a ball reading it. Sorry again, I just can't resist, must be Saturday today, part of the weekend, right in the middle of it.

64met

64met

Audioholic
That wasn't a joke. I had to rely on my TV's speakers for almost two months while Integra shipped a replacement DTC-9.8 on a slow boat from Malaysia.:mad:

Davemcc... I have heard horror stories about Integra CS/Tech Support....and first hand yday I experienced it... Whats really upsetting me is their FREAKING ATTITUDE! I get it; shi* breaks... but OMG have just a bit of compassion and at least try and help! I went to a B/M today and the manager is willing to sell me the DEnon 4308ci for $1399... much more than I want to spend... but you know after this BS with Integra; thinking about pulling the trigger and then selling the Integra in 60, 90, 120 days... or whenever I get the thing back!

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Questions for Dave.

Dave, how long you have your Integra DTC-9.8 for?

What was the problem you had with it previously?

Did they fixed it good? Are you now happy with it? Will you ever purchased another Integra or Onkyo product in the future?

Some detailed feedbacks will help me as well 64met and other members.

Would be greatly appreciated,

Bob

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Davemcc... I have heard horror stories about Integra CS/Tech Support....and first hand yday I experienced it... Whats really upsetting me is their FREAKING ATTITUDE! I get it; shi* breaks... but OMG have just a bit of compassion and at least try and help! I went to a B/M today and the manager is willing to sell me the DEnon 4308ci for $1399... much more than I want to spend... but you know after this BS with Integra; thinking about pulling the trigger and then selling the Integra in 60, 90, 120 days... or whenever I get the thing back!
I'm not altogether familiar with US pricing, but that seems like a heck of a deal on the 4308. On the other hand, what's the market for a used 9.8 these days. Didn't shoponkyo have these on sale new in the $800 range not too long ago? I think you'd lose more selling the 9.8 than you would save on the 4308. I think that you will be without the unit for every bit of the 6 weeks or longer. It's a tough call.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Dave, how long you have your Integra DTC-9.8 for?

What was the problem you had with it previously?

Did they fixed it good? Are you now happy with it? Will you ever purchased another Integra or Onkyo product in the future?

Some detailed feedbacks will help me as well 64met and other members.

Would be greatly appreciated,

Bob
Less than a year.

My unit would not bitstream HD audio codecs.

They did not fix it. They replaced it. Everything is good now. I am happy. I don't know if I would buy Onkyo/Integra again unless, like this unit, it provided an exceptional value for it's performance and feature set. Let's face it, in the affordable pre/pro category, the Onkyo/Integra line has little or no competition. I would buy this unit again, as well as certain other Onkyo products. They're great when they work but woe betide the consumer who has a problem with their unit.

Details = http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47928&page=6

64met

64met

Audioholic
I'm not altogether familiar with US pricing, but that seems like a heck of a deal on the 4308. On the other hand, what's the market for a used 9.8 these days. Didn't shoponkyo have these on sale new in the $800 range not too long ago? I think you'd lose more selling the 9.8 than you would save on the 4308. I think that you will be without the unit for every bit of the 6 weeks or longer. It's a tough call.
Yes; it is a tough call.... The processor is in my dedicated HT room; its summer; kids off school, alot going on and as such we use the room alot! Interesting though... the 4308 $1399; well shopping round yday on line I found the 4310ci for $1599... Boss would kill me! I am continuing to look; at everything other than Integra/Onkyo!

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Important Note for 64met.

Hi 64met,

Just to make sure that you understand that there are two ways to fix potential proplems with your Integra DTC-9.8

* Your Pre/Pro contains a microcomputer for signal processing and control functions. In very rare situations, severe interference, noise from an external source, or static electricity may cause it to lock up. In the unlikely event that this happens:
#1. Turn your pre/pro OFF (Standby). Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, wait at least 5 seconds, and then plug it back in again.
(You did this one to no avail.)

* If solution #1 or you can't resolve the issue yourself, try resetting the Pre/Pro before contacting your Integra dealer:
#2. To reset the Pre/Pro to it's factory defaults, turn it ON and, while holding down the [VCR/DVR] button, press the [STANDBY/ON] button. "Clear" will appear on the display and the Pre/Pro will enter Standby mode.

Note that resetting the Pre/Pro will delite your radio presets and custom settings.

--> I don't know if you try solution #2, but if you did not, please DO IT.

Good luck,

Bob

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Less than a year.

My unit would not bitstream HD audio codecs.

They did not fix it. They replaced it. Everything is good now. I am happy. I don't know if I would buy Onkyo/Integra again unless, like this unit, it provided an exceptional value for it's performance and feature set. Let's face it, in the affordable pre/pro category, the Onkyo/Integra line has little or no competition. I would buy this unit again, as well as certain other Onkyo products. They're great when they work but woe betide the consumer who has a problem with their unit.

Details = http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47928&page=6
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your prompt reply with an additional link.

Bob

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis